Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wax shotgun slugs

Has anybody here seen these youtube videos on making wax shotgun slugs?

This guy pours the lead out of a #8 shotgun shell mixes it with wax and puts it back into the shell, turning it into a slug. Pretty impressive results!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhqosJmUS-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWWqXVbAfA

As I was watching the second video, I had to wonder if you couldn't do the same thing with sand or pea gravel? It wouldn't be quite as heavy but the wax should hold it together just like it does with the lead. Sure would be inexpensive and easy buy.

I could even envision this to reload spent shells, you could even re-use the wads. Neat find.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    I could even envision this to reload spent shells, you could even re-use the wads. Neat find.
    My thinking exactly! Why mess up new ones?

i love INGO! :-)
    I ranch only the finest quality felines for the world's most discerning palates.

Shooter
    As soon as I buy a new 12 gauge I will be making some of these shells.

Shooter
    man these slugs smell good

I have seen this a few days ago.
    I guess it depends what you want to do with your ammo.
    For home defense I would never use something home-made because it might not go "bang" like factory ammo will and also because if you ever shoot someone with home-made ammo it's something that could be used against you.
    "Look at that freak who made his own ammo because factory stuff was not deadly enough for him".
    Using something who says on the box "for law enforcement and home defense use" may be a better option and will make you look more like a "good guy" in front of a jury.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    I haven't seen anymore discussion about you being gay, hat racks or dicks either though.

Quote Originally Posted by badmac183 View Post
    man these slugs smell good
    You used scented candles? Are those reloads or modified sporting loads?

I actually have some wax slug sitting around that I made about a year ago, but they are something quite different. They are just wax and they are fired with the primmer only. No gun powder. I have used them some for killing pop cans in the back yard.
    Last edited by Delmar; 06-17-2011 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    I have seen this a few days ago.
    I guess it depends what you want to do with your ammo.
    For home defense I would never use something home-made because it might not go "bang" like factory ammo will
    Not until it was well tested anyway. Hand loaded ammo can be more reliable than factory.

and also because if you ever shoot someone with home-made ammo it's something that could be used against you.
    "Look at that freak who made his own ammo because factory stuff was not deadly enough for him".
    Using something who says on the box "for law enforcement and home defense use" may be a better option and will make you look more like a "good guy" in front of a jury.
    A lot of people say they would never use reloads of any kind for defense, because of the lawyer thing. If you want to live your life that way, it is a valid point of view. If I was using loads like this for defense I would be very sure that it was well documented that I reload because I am a miser! Which would, by the way, be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    Not until it was well tested anyway. Hand loaded ammo can be more reliable than factory.
    A lot of people say they would never use reloads of any kind for defense, because of the lawyer thing. If you want to live your life that way, it is a valid point of view. If I was using loads like this for defense I would be very sure that it was well documented that I reload because I am a miser! Which would, by the way, be the truth.

Well im talking for myself.
    I never reloaded so I would not trust my own ammo compared to the premium factory ammo I buy for home-defense.
    I guess if you know what you are doing and tested enough of your own reloads then in that case it can be more reliable than factory ammo.
    But in my case I will trust the company who has been doing that for dacades or even hundreds of years for some companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    I haven't seen anymore discussion about you being gay, hat racks or dicks either though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast