• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yes.

I got some 90gr .30 cal looks like Horandy XTP, 110gr .30 cal RN, and some .223 68gr match bullets.

I also got a bunch of the 55gr Hornady FMJBT (not blems, but it's my birthday, so I got the birthday price).

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yeah I guess I don't see them or something. Although I am in the last 10 ish hours of 48 straight at the firehouse so I am not functioning on the computer as normal. off to bed.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Midway blems

Several months ago, I decided to try some heavier bullets in our .204 Rugers so I got some 45 gr SP .204 Midway blems. They looked like junk. The lead points were skewed all over the tips of many of them. Some had lead stuck on the jacket well below the tip. Others looked like a hollow point which had been only partially filled with lead. I got curious and weighed them, all 300 of them. They were all over the place, varying by over a full grain from 44.7 to well over 46. I used some fine sandpaper to clean up the tips and weighed them all again. They now vary by a maximum of .3 grain. I haven't gotten around to loading any yet but it's a lead-pipe cinch they won't be very accurate. If the .223s are the same they will be OK for plinking but not much else. Cheap practice ammo maybe, but practice is not worth much if you can't count on the bullets to be consistent. If your expectations are low enough, you'll be happy with them.

DRob

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The bullets came yesterday, and the blems are very minor... jacket cosmetic for all I can tell... but putting them on a scale is not a bad idea... I'll report back when I get a chance.

This is defeinitely for plinking ammo for 50-100 yards.

Top Bottom