• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Alright, most of you have seen my other post about my new Walther P22.

I have read countless things on the internet about the P22 and they all seem to contradict themselves.

I am asking for an INGO input.

I am going to be trying the P22 out later this week and I have some different ammo for it.

I have

50 rds-Remington Yellow Jacket HP 33 grain 1500fps
    50 rds-Remington Golden Bullets 40 grain 1255fps
    50 rds-CCI Quick Shok 32 grain 1640 fps
    50 rds-CCI Stinger 32 grain 1640 fps
    300rds-CCI Mini Mag 40 grain 1235fps
    50rds-Federal Spitfire 31 grain 1500 fps
    550rds-Federal Bulk High Velocity

The question is, Has anyone not had luck with any of these? Is there any others I should consider taking with me for my initial trials.

I know with .22lr every gun is different, but thought I would ask.

Thanks everyone.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I run anything and everything in mine, but its usual feed is whatever the cheapest .22lr I can find. Usually the 550 bulk packs from Walmart.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Mini Mags are the best regarded overall, they seem to run for everyone. I would not feed it a steady diet of stinger ammo, the slide is just zink and the stinger ammo does beat on it pretty good. That said, I shot a few mags worth through my P22 and it was awesome lol! Nice fireball out of a .22 is just funny. :D Your ammo selection looks pretty good to me.

I had good luck with most ammo, but Blazer ammo would not run, nor would any subsonic. Mine seemed to prefer the hotter ammo. Some say they will break in after a brick or two and then feed more ammo. Many start with MiniMag and after a few hundred try others and it works pretty good. Check RFC for all the info you'll ever need in the Walther section.

I also have a 99 page P22 "bible" made by one of the RFC members chock full of info on the P22 and full of photos. If you'd like a copy let me know and I could try and email it to you, or anyone else, that wants it. Shows all you need to know to work on it and do the normal fixes/tweaks you might need to do.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ran 70 rounds of the Remington 550 count value pack .22 from walmart through my new p22 last week with NO problems at all. :)

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Thanks guys, I figure I will run the hotter stuff First just to break in just because I know new guns can be stiff.

As for the P22 Bible. I found it and have it, just havent gotten through it yet. If anyone is interested go to Wikipedia and search for P22. At the bottom of the page there is a link to the P22 Bible.

I don't like wiki most of the time but they have some decent links.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I run anything and everything in mine, but its usual feed is whatever the cheapest .22lr I can find. Usually the 550 bulk packs from Walmart.

SO TRUE! I just shot my P22 a couple days ago for the 1st time. It ran that cheap stuff like it was made for it! I bought some sub sonics and some of the 40gr federal round nose for test purposes. But it loves that cheap stuff. I had so much fun I forgot about the other ammo.

Mine was dead on right out the box..... what are the other front sights for?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I started off shooting anything and every thing in mine(whatever was cheap).Started having some issues with the p22 tore it completely down(not just field stripped)...and man was it dirty.Now I shoot only CCI Stinger Hypervelocity 1640 fps 32 grain cooper jacket,very clean.It is very expensive for 22 ammo(7 dollars for 50 or so at walmart...9 most other places).but I think it is well worth it.Now my k-22 smith and wesson will shoot anything lol

Side note mine already has at least 3k rounds though it...me and grumpe shoot quite a bit.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Stingers do best. Remington 550 bulk pack golden bullet are my favorite for plinking and are almost as reliable. Next is federal. winchester with the lead bullets do poorly in virtually every .22 we own. they suck for accuracy, reliability and are the dirtiest of all .22lr I've fired.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I've had my P22 for about 3-4 years now. I have ran everything in the world through it. In fact I have ran over 16000 rounds out of it. No joke. I also have a TAC 65 suppressor for it that I have over 13000 rounds through. I have used lead nosed, hollow points, solid, copper, brass, you name it type of tips.
    Trick is, keep the chamber clean after you are done. Run a bore snake down it both ways several times. Lube it good when you are done.
    If you are using a suppressor, no lead nosed rounds. The lead builds up way to fast and will cause failure in the suppressor. Found out the hard way.
    I did have the slide break in half. That was at about 13 or 14 thousand rounds. Sent it back to S&W/Walther and they fixed it for free. Now it is fine.
    I also use the P22 for my every day carry.:yesway:
    Needless to say. I love it. I also have a new in the box, in case something happens to old faithful.

Top Bottom