• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wal Mart sells the REMMINGTON .45 UMC FMJ 250 MEGAPAK for $81.97 which comes out to $87.70 with tax or .35 per round. I have not found it cheaper than that around here or online once you add in the shipping. If someone does please let me know where!

Note not all WalMarts sell it. The one in Hammond, IN does but not the one in Schereville, IN. So you may have to call around.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Walmart around here sells Blazer Brass .45 for 14.95 or so, lets call it $15. With tax the total comes out to $0.32 per round.

fwpd1763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Most Chinamarts carry the WWB just under $30.00 for 100rds..........$.30/rd (by the way i hate math!)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Percision has a good deal on .45 @ .27 per round
    http://www.precisioncartridge.com/Lead-Free-Ammunition-Commercial-Wholesale-Price-List.pdf

I emailed them to see if local pickup is possible since they are based out of Hobart, IN (NW Indiana) which would save on shipping!

Georgiaarms.com that is a DEAD LINK??

Precision Delta is out of stock on the 45 and more expensive.

Atlanta Ammo does not list their prices. =/

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does someone know what the difference between these are?
    http://www.precisioncartridge.com/R...on-Commercial-Wholesale-Price-List-Page-1.pdf
    185 grain JHP
    185 or 20l grain SWC
    230 grain RNL
    230 grain FMJ
    230 grain JHP
    I know JHP is Jacket Hollow Point and FMJ is Full Metal Jacket.
    What on earth is RNL and SWC?

Also I've only shot REMMINGTON UMC 230 Gr. JHP or FMJ. Do the 185 gr have "less recoil" since it's a smaller weight? Not sure if I would even want to use 185 gr since I'm on the menatlity that you train with that you are going to use and since I use 230 gr HJP as my personal defense load not sure I should train with anything else.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks but what does that mean exaclty?
    I know that JHP "mushroom" up when they hit a target so in the case of the human body they do more damage in theory since the 1st hole is small but as they musrhoom up they damage more and if they exit the wound is bigger.

FMJ is just the opposite in terms of just a metal round that goes in and comes out.

So what purpose do the other two have?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks but what does that mean exaclty?
    I know that JHP "mushroom" up when they hit a target so in the case of the human body they do more damage in theory since the 1st hole is small but as they musrhoom up they damage more and if they exit the wound is bigger.

FMJ is just the opposite in terms of just a metal round that goes in and comes out.

So what purpose do the other two have?
    RNL are cheaper than jacketed, typically used for practice.
    SWC cut pretty perfect round holes in paper targets. Typically used for target shooting.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks! So at $210.02 for 1000 .45 RNL that comes out to .21 cents per round which I think is the cheapest I have ever seen for .45! I may have to move some money around and give these a try.

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks! So at $210.02 for 1000 .45 RNL that comes out to .21 cents per round which I think is the cheapest I have ever seen for .45! I may have to move some money around and give these a try.

The only problem I have found with RNL is that it's so dirty both to load into your mags as well as shoot. I prefer much more to spend an extra few :twocents: per round and get FMJ for plinking.

If you're interested in shooting some RNL, let me know and I can trade you, I have about 100 rounds left and I would trade it for 75 rounds of FMJ.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks for the tip Wagswook. Will you be at the Indy 1500? If so I think I'll take you up on your offer. I have REMINGTON UMC 230 Gr FMJ that I'm willing to trade to give the RNL a try and see just how dirty they are.

PM me if you like or just post here.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you really want to mess things up, Jeff Cooper initially suggested that a 200 grain SWC going the original 900 fps was an ideal defense round if it can feed in your gun. Then, he switched to the 230gr truncated cone. The only component available for the 230grain load Coop suggested was Hornady (their HAP line of bullets for handloading). Just a neat aside...:D

Lead round nose can be clean or dirty, depending on obturation, powder burn speed, powder burn temp, etc... Pressure can ruin a good thing, causing a burnt lead seal, icky. For a general guideline, no company on earth has made a clean 230gr. LRN that is factory loaded. But, due to lead's ability to seal, most are stupid accurate! :D

Good luck guys with your deal! Be careful at the gunshow! :)

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've shot 200 & 185g lead SWC for a few years and to be honest, I don't see much difference between it and WWB. Of course, with cowboy shooting, I'm very used to lead and how dirty it is while handling, so it doesn't bother me. If you're a neat freak and don't want dirty hands while shooting, well get an air rifle...

Top Bottom