• Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    does anyone use one of these Lee Pro 1000 reloaders

MidwayUSA - Lee Pro 1000 Progressive Press Kit 45 ACP

I was thinking about ordering one but wanted some input.

I don't know from first hand experience but over the years I've heard from several people that Lee makes awesome loaders (especially for the money) but they need to be "de-burred" or "fluff & buffed" to work right. There are many set-up videos on both Lee's website and on YouTube. So...... :dunno:

Good luck!!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    my experience with this press is that it is somewhat light duty. should treat you well for straight wall pistol cases, but if large quantity production is your aim, save up for a dillon.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have used a pro 1000 for the last 15 years or so, but only for 38, 357 mag, 9mm, 45acp, and 45 colt. I tried it for 223, but it was a dismal failure.

I have no idea how many pistol rounds have been loaded on this press. 50,000? 100,000? (I used to shoot IPSC a lot)

I load 300 cartridges an hour with it.

IMO, it is a good press with excellent factory support.

I load my rifle ammo on single stage presses for the best QC.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    All of my presses are Lee. 1 turret press for my big rifle rounds, a Pro 1000 which is set up for 9mm or 40 S&W with only a few moments to change calibers, and a Lee Loadmaster that I load either .45 ACP or .30 Carbine. I will agree with some that they are kind of a pain, but I will never complain about my presses. Maybe I will try another manufacturer in the future, but I highly doubt it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you plan on loading more than a couple hundred rounds a month, buy a Dillon 650 or a Hornady LNL AP. They will be the last presses you will ever have to buy. The only upgrade from there is a Dillon 1050 and that is some serious cash. With the 650 or LNL AP, you can add a case feeder that will do all calibers. I had a Lee 1000 and would never go back. The saying on some reloading boards is buy once, cry once.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I had a Lee Pro 1000 in .223 and it didn't really work for me. Some of it may have been that I was trying to load necked cases for the first time, and I need more lube. It was a little problematic in the primer feed area, you really have to watch it, and it was hard to skip a stage or pull the case (especially when the primer didn't feed). I sold it and bought a Lee Turret press (I also have a single stage). I have only loaded pistol calibers on the turret press, but it's cheaper to switch calibers and works really well. You can use it as a single stage if you want too. I suppose the Pro 1000 would have worked fine for pistol calibers and if I didn't sell it, that was the back up plan. Lee's are fine and they stand by their product.

Top Bottom