Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where to buy CCI Blazer .22 LR

Does anyone know where I can buy CCI Blazer .22 40-grain RN? I used to shoot this stuff by the case when Galyans sold it... but I can't find it now that Galyans got bought out by Dick's.

I'm not interested in ordering this ammo online - I've scoured the net for it and there aren't any good prices, especially when factoring in shipping.

I have 2 100 round boxes that you can have for 6.00 each.

Elmores in Greenwood has it. Have you tried Wal mart?
    "If we have learned anything from zombies it is that once you have had human flesh you can't be trusted to stop by the store the next time your hungry." - Repair

Thanks for the tip. I might drop by Elmores next month when I go through Indy on my way to ACC. Do you know how much it costs there?

I'm interested in buying a whole case (5,000 rounds) so I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile to take those two boxes off your hands. But I do appreciate the offer.

Edit: Wal-mart doesn't carry Blazers. They do carry mini-mags, but they're a little too pricey for practice.
    Last edited by m_deaner; 02-15-2009 at 17:20.

They came from there and I only live a few miles from there.

I think that they are marked about 8.00 a 100 but I think that I paid less then 7.00.

If you want I can ask Jason the next time I'm in.

The only thing that I don't like is that they are subsonic and do not have a copper jacket.
    "If we have learned anything from zombies it is that once you have had human flesh you can't be trusted to stop by the store the next time your hungry." - Repair

Wow, I used to pay 79-cents a box at Galyans. They eventually got up to $11/500 before the supply dried up. I could shoot Mini-mags cheaper than Blazers at Elmore's prices.

The blazers are definately a light load and they are dirty, but they run 100% in my .22s and are almost as accurate as CCI Mini-mags (at half the price). I've had reliability problems from Federal bulk-pak and especially Winchester X-pert and Remington HP bulk.

I shoot a lot of bulk Federal with very few problems but when I shoot in something like Friday Night Steel I shoot the CCI High Velocity 36grain because of the copper jackets and almost 0 FTF.

I can't believe how much CCI Blaizer has gone up. Like m_deaner I remember paying 79 cents a box/ $7.99 a brick. Last night at Gander Mountain, well know for being high, I saw it for $3 a box. I can't believe $30 a brick of 500!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by repair View Post
    I shoot a lot of bulk Federal with very few problems but when I shoot in something like Friday Night Steel I shoot the CCI High Velocity 36grain because of the copper jackets and almost 0 FTF.
    I also shoot a lot of bulk Federal and it's generally pretty good. I think it's the best of the Wal-mart bulk 22. But I used Federal bulk at FNS and had two FTFs and my son had three FTFs and one dud. He wants me to get some blazer.

I just bought a case of CCI Mini Mag 40-grain round points and I'll be using them for future steel events. But I think the accuracy of the Mini Mag bullets would be wasted on my son... for him, I just need inexpensive 22 ammo that's very reliable. I am not comfortable with him clearing FTFs and duds.

I think I'll eventually cave in and give him Mini Mags... I shouldn't be so cheap.

I was just at Walmart and they had the bulk packs (550) of Remington, Federal and Winchester that were $12-$16. The Remington was 16 something for sure, not certain about the other prices, I think Winchester was the cheapest. Also had plenty of 9mm, 45 ACP and .223 in stock.

Dunham's sport store had them in their Sunday ad on sale might want to check them out. Got one in Angola and auburn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast