Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I can not even think of standing by and allowing this to happen. Even at the risk or loss of my own life. I am, well, confused. Was there no male presence in this school...none. I would expect for a female teacher to stay with and protect her class. I guess the Marlboro man really is dead.
    I would have tried my damnedest to stop him. I'm not talking about a Banzai charge either. It took a little time to do what he did and I'm sure he could have been caught off guard at some point, especially since they have him painted as such a reclusive and timid kid. He certainly looked frail enough that even I could've handled him. We'll never know the truth though so I guess it's all moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykid68 View Post
    But according to whom? The 1st 2 days it was 2 handguns used and a rifle in the trunk.
    Shotgun in back of vehicle, Glock 10mm, Sig 9mm, and a Bushmaster .223, according an official with knowledge of the investigation, who was not authorized to speak about it and talked on condition of anonymity.
    Fast is good but accurate is better.

Shooter
    ...So, even if current reports are wrong, and he just used pistols as initially reported for all shootings, we will have a new AWB before this report comes out? Convenient.

Personally, I cannot imagine a police officer not knowing immediately the difference between a Saiga and an AR15. I don't understand how there is ever a moment of confusion.

Saving the country 1 Rifleman at a time...
    The problem is that they train everyone, teachers, students, faculty to run and hide from the assailant. When history has shown time and time again that these evil, cowards do not stop until confronted by someone, preferably with a gun. We should be training the teachers and faculty to assault the assailant instead of cowering in fear.
    PeaShooter

Power structures that have outlived their time remain in control through force and fraud. And as the fraud deteriorates, the force increases. - Neil Barofsky

This is why I don't watch the news.

Expert

Fixed it fer ya':

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Still makes me cringe. This nut was not the anti-Christ but he could have been <one of> his son<s>.
    ONE OF his many sons, and daughters.
    " God Created All Men Equal," Samuel Colt made sure it included women.

Expert

We didn't get the first reports via LEO.

We got News-speak from the media. Gun Haters selling advertising space. And it is not confusion, but deliberately misguiding the Sheeple into slaughter-pens.
    Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post
    ...So,I cannot imagine a police officer not knowing immediately the difference between a Saiga and an AR15. I don't understand how there is ever a moment of confusion.
    " God Created All Men Equal," Samuel Colt made sure it included women.

Yes. It is possible for .223/5.56 to expend all of its energy within a human body and not over penetrate. Hollow point or soft point are designed to expand and varmint rounds like the Hornady TAP rounds fragment violently in soft tissue.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post
    Maybe they were frangibles. Or maybe--and this is sick, but--maybe they were cowered in the corner, and one bullet penetrated three or more children at a time, stopping in the last one. This seems likely based on the number of wounds per child.

God, what a sicko.
    This ^^^ .

I go to public high school. Every year, they are required to have an "intruder drill". Similar to a fire drill/storm drill/etc. The standard procedure for this is; Everyone turn off the lights, get in the corner, and lock the door.

Literally, you have 30 kids huddled in a corner. That's not begging for a ****ing massacre or anything? At under 30 yards, I imagine that high velocity bullets are probably going to continue to travel in a straight line, regardless of hitting soft flesh. thud-thud-thud-thud-thud. Thus, 5 bullet holes from a single bullet.

BUT, god forbid we blame the public school system for the safety of the students attending it?!?

By the way, if Congress were to pass a law saying that all schools nationwide were to have armed guards, (I believe) it would be a violation of the 10th Amendment, which implies that the states themselves are in charge of public education (among other things).
    WTS GEAR (TT,HSGI,ETC)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast