• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Gun buying craze might be a cause? Or maybe it's just because many people were buying before/for CHRISTMAS. Not sure, but a valid question. I went on a trip to S E Ky over Christmas to see relatives. Went in several WalMarts looking for .223 ammo. Noticed that all stores were not only out of .223 but also .22 LR.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    These "panic buy" situations keep happening. Looks like if you want to shoot on a regular basis we need to stock up during the non panic times. Ammo doesn't go bad, and the price doesn't go down. It will keep the ammo makers well funded, and give everyone a buffer during the panic times.

Should any national emergency's arise, you will be covered.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I bought 10,000 rounds of 22lr ammo this year. I can safely ride this one out. Am I worried that the ammo shortage will be long term? No. I do plan on buying another 10,000 when supplies return to normal, and I will wait until then.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have not been able to find any either and only have about a brick left. I have deceided to reload all ammo I have components for and just sit on it and not shoot. I will have to slowly locate things and stock my shelf back up. People have cleaned everybody out. I even called my buddy FFL and he answered the phone "I dont have any AR's". He made a ton of cash but has nothing to speak of left in stock. I even though about casting my own bullets and trying to find some junk lead.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Watch Walmart, They have been constantly restocking their .22/.223/7.62x39/.308 in my area not sure how they are in your area.

BTW If anyone from my area reads this don't go there until this upcoming Thursday...

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Title says it, why can't I find any .22 ammo? Why I everybody going crazy on it?

Might be people buying it all up to feed the "black guns" they bought that are chambered in .22 LR

I don't know.
    Seems like a logical correlation to me.
    Not all of the AR variants purchased could have been in .223

cotter999

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Gun Stores

I have had that issue as well. I havent been able to find .22 ammo anywhere other than online or actual gun stores. No sporting goods stores have them. They get bought out right away.

Top Bottom