Plinker

difference between 95gr and 100gr

Hi guy, I have a question, I will hopefully be getting my reloading press, books etc next week but I have a chance to buy some once shot brass and bullets. Is there a huge difference between 94gr and 100gr. Im shooting a PK 380 and have been shooting these 94gr rounds. Im sure the book has the info Im looking for but kind of need to know sooner than when my books get here. Thanks

Master
    Since you are just getting started into reloading, make sure you followed a load recipe EXACTLY. Use the exact bullet, powder, primer and charge weight listed in the book or from a manufacturer's website. There is not a "huge" difference between 95 and 100 grain bullets, but there IS a difference. You do not just randomly swap components unless you really know what you're doing and what the result will be.

I am also shooting a PK 380 and load for it with 2 different bullets. Send me a PM and I will help you with some load ideas.

Jason

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Broom_jm View Post
    Since you are just getting started into reloading, make sure you followed a load recipe EXACTLY. Use the exact bullet, powder, primer and charge weight listed in the book or from a manufacturer's website. There is not a "huge" difference between 95 and 100 grain bullets, but there IS a difference. You do not just randomly swap components unless you really know what you're doing and what the result will be.

I am also shooting a PK 380 and load for it with 2 different bullets. Send me a PM and I will help you with some load ideas.

Jason
    Thanks Jason!

i'd say about 5gr...

Quote Originally Posted by THard6 View Post
    i'd say about 5gr...
    damnit i was to late
    If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and shoot other people in the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Broom_jm View Post

Jason

This is good info rule of thumb as your bullet weight goes up powder charge goes down. Follow your book welcome to the world of roll your own.

One long term recommendation is to check every new load in at least two references, tolerances can stack up and typo's are possible.