• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hi guy, I have a question, I will hopefully be getting my reloading press, books etc next week but I have a chance to buy some once shot brass and bullets. Is there a huge difference between 94gr and 100gr. Im shooting a PK 380 and have been shooting these 94gr rounds. Im sure the book has the info Im looking for but kind of need to know sooner than when my books get here. Thanks

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Since you are just getting started into reloading, make sure you followed a load recipe EXACTLY. Use the exact bullet, powder, primer and charge weight listed in the book or from a manufacturer's website. There is not a "huge" difference between 95 and 100 grain bullets, but there IS a difference. You do not just randomly swap components unless you really know what you're doing and what the result will be.

I am also shooting a PK 380 and load for it with 2 different bullets. Send me a PM and I will help you with some load ideas.

Jason

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Since you are just getting started into reloading, make sure you followed a load recipe EXACTLY. Use the exact bullet, powder, primer and charge weight listed in the book or from a manufacturer's website. There is not a "huge" difference between 95 and 100 grain bullets, but there IS a difference. You do not just randomly swap components unless you really know what you're doing and what the result will be.

I am also shooting a PK 380 and load for it with 2 different bullets. Send me a PM and I will help you with some load ideas.

Jason

Thanks Jason!

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN

Jason

This is good info rule of thumb as your bullet weight goes up powder charge goes down. Follow your book welcome to the world of roll your own.

Top Bottom