Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vance Bullets

Vance Bullets

FYI : Bought some Vance bullets at the 1500. 2 boxes. One Box 93 short of its 500 count. Second box 86 short. I know these are weighed out not counted but to be this short on the count is kind of like paying full price for for the mixed drink and getting the short pour. This is not random error. Please keep in mind if buying from him at the next show.

Grandmaster
    While Vance makes GREAT boolits (thats right, tradition is boolits for lead, not bullets ), they do short change folks. I had a few boxes and each one was short counted. Unfortunately, the quality doesn't outweigh this injustice and they dont really have any way to contact them directly.

Bummer-ific
    Gone! See you all in the funny pages!

Chief cook and bottle washer AllenM's Avatar
    I bought some Vance at the show prior to this one quality was decent accuracy is good but the lube on them is not as good as mastercast bullet company. Alot of the lube had fallen off on the ones I had fron Vance. I stick with master cast in Missouri now, best lead boolits I have found.
    Not sure how much I was short on 2500 but they weren't equal to full packs of primers.
    I wish I had a nickel for every nickel I've spent on this hobby

I've not experienced this either in the past, nor lately and I've reloaded over 10k of his bullets. I just bought another 1k at the show, so once I get around to loading them, we'll see.

Sharpshooter
    I bought some of their products and had the same problem with the lube as stated above. Also found they were very soft allly. Had LOTS of leading even though I kept the velocity down. After these, I gave up on cast lead and have gone to copper plated Rainier or jacketed bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo-indy View Post
    I bought some of their products and had the same problem with the lube as stated above. Also found they were very soft allly. Had LOTS of leading even though I kept the velocity down. After these, I gave up on cast lead and have gone to copper plated Rainier or jacketed bullets.
    In many cases, low velocity=leading. There isn't enough pressure to form the bullet to the barrel properly.

I've never been bothered by a bit of lube missing here or there, it really isn't that big a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mospeada View Post
    In many cases, low velocity=leading. There isn't enough pressure to form the bullet to the barrel properly.

I've never been bothered by a bit of lube missing here or there, it really isn't that big a deal to me.
    Yea I feel the same way I have about 2500 loaded up in 9mm and they shoot fine.
    Just figured it was there for a reason

Of course I still stand behind Mastercast as being a better bullet

Sharpshooter
    Guess I just haven't found the correct formula. I've used Meister Bullets from Okla. and didn't have a problem. Have also used Hornady with only minor leading but the Vance just coated the first couple inches of barrel. Had to scrub and soak for hours. If you have a hardness/powder/velocity formula that works, I am happy for you. To me, it just is not worth the hassle. Copper plated aren't that much more $ and I've never had a problem with the performance at any reasonable velocity.

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo-indy View Post
    Copper plated aren't that much more $ and I've never had a problem with the performance at any reasonable velocity.
    BINGO!
    Gone! See you all in the funny pages!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast