Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Frankfort
    Posts
    53

    load data for 300 blackout

    Is there any printed load data for the 300 black out. I am lookinf for info for lil gun powder and 147 grain bullets. allso the 110 grain.
    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arcadia, IN
    Posts
    101
    I didn't see anything in my manuals, or on the hand loading website I use, however, you might try here: 300BlkTalk • View topic - Load Catalog Index - Find all the "Pet Load" infomation here

  3. #3
    Marksman djones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Greenfield
    Posts
    420
    Lee dies in 300 blk come with data.
    Hornady 9th edition
    Hodgon's website

  4. #4
    Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynutmule View Post
    Is there any printed load data for the 300 black out. I am lookinf for info for lil gun powder and 147 grain bullets. allso the 110 grain.
    thanks in advance
    You can find loading data for Hodgdon (as well as other) powders at:

    http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

  5. #5
    Shooter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis/warren
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    Lee dies in 300 blk come with data.
    Hornady 9th edition
    Hodgon's website

    I second that! I have a busy week at work but lets load some this weekend

  6. #6
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brownsburg,
    Posts
    48
    18gr H110 with a 110gr Hornady Spirepoint puts them touching at 100 yards with my Delta Company Arms 20" AR in 300BLK.

    Bruce

  7. #7
    Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Posts
    1,296
    Just a note since I only got back from shooting my first handloaded .300 BLK ammo. I'll post a more detailed report once I have all the data analyzed but I used:

    Cut down and resized 5.56 NATO cases.
    Sierra 165 gr. Jacketed Spitzer bullets
    Hodgdon H110 Power
    CCI Magnum Small Rifle Primers.

    I didn't find an exact match for .300 BLK and 165 gr. but used a table that showed 168 gr. at 13.7 gr of H110 giving ~1650 fps.

    I loaded up 25 rounds of 5 each with 12.9 gr, 13.1 gr, 13.3 gr, 13.5 gr, and 13.7 gr.

    The 12.9 and 13.1 cycled by 16" CMMG AR rifle just fine but the chrony showed pretty large variation in speed. At 13.3 things started to settle down and at 13.7 I was getting very consistent velocity. I wasn't really aiming for a tight group but the rounds were pretty much right on target.

    This was my first try at reloading .300 BLK and the first time converting one case (5.56/.223) to another. Overall, it turned out to be a lot easier than expected.

  8. #8
    Marksman djones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Greenfield
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by jwh20 View Post
    Just a note since I only got back from shooting my first handloaded .300 BLK ammo. I'll post a more detailed report once I have all the data analyzed but I used:

    Cut down and resized 5.56 NATO cases.
    Sierra 165 gr. Jacketed Spitzer bullets
    Hodgdon H110 Power
    CCI Magnum Small Rifle Primers.

    I didn't find an exact match for .300 BLK and 165 gr. but used a table that showed 168 gr. at 13.7 gr of H110 giving ~1650 fps.

    I loaded up 25 rounds of 5 each with 12.9 gr, 13.1 gr, 13.3 gr, 13.5 gr, and 13.7 gr.

    The 12.9 and 13.1 cycled by 16" CMMG AR rifle just fine but the chrony showed pretty large variation in speed. At 13.3 things started to settle down and at 13.7 I was getting very consistent velocity. I wasn't really aiming for a tight group but the rounds were pretty much right on target.

    This was my first try at reloading .300 BLK and the first time converting one case (5.56/.223) to another. Overall, it turned out to be a lot easier than expected.

    I have also had good luck with 5.56 brass to 300 blk. It is fun. Nice write up

  9. #9
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    1
    rustynutmule

    I work for a premium bullet manufacturing company and if I may offer you 147 grain bullet data for just one powder is Hodgdons H-110 16.5 grains, this will yield a chamber pressure of 51k with a SAAMI max chamber pressure of 54k, velocity around 1940 fps, this will keep you in the safe zone for now. *Note* CUP pressures have not been used for over twenty years and yet they still refer to pressures as CUP (Copper Crusher Washers, CUP refers to Crushed Under Pressure).

    I am currently working on load data for many different powders and one that I would recommend is Hodgdons Lil Gun. Look at IMR's web data and they reference Lil Gun a lot and look at the pressures, I think you will be impressed. This powder is a superior performer in the 300 BLK with much lower pressures and still the same performance which will make it great for colder weather. With time I will be able share more but for now that should help.

  10. #10
    Marksman millsusaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fishers
    Posts
    684
    I use Winchester 296 under 147gr M80 pulls and worked up from 16.4 to 17.4 settling on 17grs. I got a little more velocity out of 17 than 16.4 and the accuracy was as good as the rest.
    "....it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •