Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

To Ammo flippers

For the sake of the sport of target shooting, would you please quit buying up all the 22LR ammo and flipping it at inflated prices.
    You will never be able to live off the profits in early retirement. C'mon, be a good citizen instead of a POS gouger!

ljk
    Marksman
    Capitalism: supply and demand. I don't blame them for trying to make some money in a free market. I just don't buy from them, let them stuck with all the ammo. the supply is good from what I can tell, I get there earlier than the flippers beat them at their own game. I'd recommend you do the same thing instead of all pissed off.

I've sold some 22's to INGO members at my cost from Walmart just couple weeks ago. keep looking.

Yeah! What he said!

Down with capitalism and free market!

My dad was at Bass Pro and saw someone there that he knew. This guy was there buying ammo. The guy told my dad that he and about 4 other people work for a guy that has tables at gun shows. The guy that my dad knows visits Bass Pro, Cabelas and WalMarts around the area since he has the delivery schedule and buys as much ammo as they will let him. They then take the ammo to gun shows to sell, marking price up by at least $4 per box. My dad flat out told the guy it was wrong what they are doing and is glad that stores are limiting the amount of ammo that they can buy. All of these stores know these people as they are there everyday when their trucks arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by ljk View Post
    Capitalism: supply and demand. I don't blame them for trying to make some money in a free market. I just don't buy from them, let them stuck with all the ammo. the supply is good from what I can tell, I get there earlier than the flippers beat them at their own game. I'd recommend you do the same thing instead of all pissed off.

I've sold some 22's to INGO members at my cost from Walmart just couple weeks ago. keep looking.
    If I had the time to beat the flippers, I would. But I have a life apart from camping out to buy a few boxes of bullets.

To the extent there are under the table arrangements, that is black market, not free market.

If they're doing it to make a few bucks, are they declaring it as income AND paying sales tax? Otherwise, it's gray market at best.

Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post
    If I had the time to beat the flippers, I would. But I have a life apart from camping out to buy a few boxes of bullets.

To the extent there are under the table arrangements, that is black market, not free market.

If they're doing it to make a few bucks, are they declaring it as income AND paying sales tax? Otherwise, it's gray market at best.

Actually, buying up all of a resource in order to artificially create scarcity and inflate the price is not free market at all. It IS capitalism though, and is a good example of one of the major flaws in pure capitalism. All pure economic theories have some pretty major flaws.
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

I have gotten so tired of hearing about capitalism and the free market as an excuse to screw people over. I really don't see how some people sleep at night! I guess I guess I am one of those people who would rather make a million dollars by earning $1 profit from 1 million people rather that screw 10,000 people out of $100 profit. The end result is the same with one exception...integrity! I refuse to do business with companies that decided to take advantage of the great 2nd amendment scare of 2013. Companies like Cheaper than Dirt will never get another dime of my money. I gained an enormous amount of respect for some of the smaller Mom & Pop stores who's prices are consistently higher than the high volume retailers such as Bud's Gun shop but they kept their prices as low as possible through all of the shortages. Those stores have earned my loyalty and my business even though they may be a little higher. Companies and individuals who felt the need to charge people $60 or more for a $12 Pmag just because the free market and the all mighty capitalism said they could have lost my respect forever! I'm not saying it's a horrible thing to buy a product and resell it at a modest profit for the time & effort you put into doing all of the leg work but there is a limit in my opinion.
    Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight...Press the Trigger. Aiming is always a good idea!

ljk
    Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post

there wasn't anybody camping out at Gander on saturday mid morning. yes, I have a full time job, with 2 little kids and going to school at Ivy Tech, weekend is about my only time available. I was able to pick up 5k of M-22 22LR < 6 cents/round. they had it on Sunday too.

if you want them, work harder.

oh, btw, next time you see them flippers, call the IRS for us, Nobody is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    Yeah! What he said!

Down with capitalism and free market!
    Purple??

Remember folks...if there is an opportunity someone will take it. If we support it they will continue. If we thumb our noses at them they will snake off to another opportunity.

I have seen this in every hobby/pastime I have ever had. Harley's, Muscle cars, racing....you name it. Snakes are snakes and folks are folks. The 2 must co-exist.

Quote Originally Posted by shibumiseeker View Post
    Actually, buying up all of a resource in order to artificially create scarcity and inflate the price is not free market at all. It IS capitalism though, and is a good example of one of the major flaws in pure capitalism. All pure economic theories have some pretty major flaws.
    Bingo.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast