When was the last time you saw a "primer sale"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Wideners has sellier & bellot small pistol and small rifle for $25 a 1000. I haven't used any of the pistol but I've loaded and shot thousands of the small riffle primers without a hitch.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Once you pay the Haz-Mat shipping fee.........is it really on sale?

Yes, compared to what they were charging before. Actually it's on clearance.

Now, that is a completely different story compared to whether it is a good price or not.

Regardless of that, I only buy such things when I order enough that the haz-mat and shipping are only a very small portion of the cost ;-)

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Once you pay the Haz-Mat shipping fee.........is it really on sale?

Depends on how much you buy. I ALWAYS buy in quantity, and I ALWAYS combine powder and primers. That being said, I do not usually buy from Midway. I have seen horror stories posted when it comes to combining powder and primers. It was something about 2 different warehouses, and 2 different hazmat charges.

I have never had that issue with Mid South, Wideners, Powder Valley, or Graf. 10K primers, and 10 or more pounds of powder, is a typical order for me.

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    Primers & Powder in Indianapolis

I'm in Southwestern Indiana, but I frequently travel through Indy. What is the best place to buy powder & primers? I'd like to avoid hazmat, as well...

corngrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I'm a profire fan when I am in the the area. Not always the cheapest but very very fair for what you get. Also Andrew never charged gouging prices during the worst of the panic, got to support a guy that held the line when he could.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Great: I know to buy bulk but I (like many others) only got into reloading this past year. I have no idea what prices were before the SHTF. Any insight here? What were the average prices per lb of the more popular pistol powders? How about primers? I can go online right now and buy Remington small pistol primers for .04/ea. Is this a good price? Was it lower right before the panic?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    If you follow my link at the top of this page, you can pay 3.4 cents each for Remington. If you look around and you don't need Remington primers, you can likely find them for 2.5 to 2.7 cents each. Two years ago I paid less than 2 cents when burying in bulk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    If you follow my link at the top of this page, you can pay 3.4 cents each for Remington. If you look around and you don't need Remington primers, you can likely find them for 2.5 to 2.7 cents each. Two years ago I paid less than 2 cents when burying in bulk.

I understand that, my point was that we newbies have no point of reference as to what a "good price" is. I'm not brand specific yet as I am still in the tool collection phase and will attend the Profire reloading class tomorrow. I just want to know what prices to look for. 2.5 to 2.7 cents/ea sounds like a good starting point for me to watch.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm a profire fan when I am in the the area. Not always the cheapest but very very fair for what you get. Also Andrew never charged gouging prices during the worst of the panic, got to support a guy that held the line when he could.

+1 for Profire Arms if you are just getting started and don't need massive bulk supplies yet. During the panic, it was always nice to have a place to rely on for supply and no price gouging. The new shop on Rockville Road is very nice.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I second the +1 for Profire. Why waste $ on a hazmat and shipping fees? Profire has always had reasonable prices and the coffee and donuts are not too bad either.

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    Midway has a "sale" on primers on right now... for those of us who don't live close to Profire or another nice local supplier- anyone in SW indiana interested in going in on a lot of 5000 small pistol primers? with shipping and hazmat, it should come out close to 3 cents per primer...

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    sign up for midway emails. I have seen many sales on there weekly or daily email newsletters. I also heard from someone at work that the 1500 in indianapolis had primers for less than 30 dollars for a 1000. that beats the heck out of bradis in camby or profire in indy.

i always prefer to use cci but have had to settle for winchester for past winter time due to prices and availability :( They both seem to work but never had a bad one of cci and already seen multiple trash ones from winchester out of past 10000 i have installed.

Top Bottom