• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So how does everyone store their handguns in their safe? In their box/case? Loose on a shelf? Loose on a handgun rack? I am re-organizing the safe and I have kind of a mix of boxed and unboxed handguns.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If you want to maximize space, then get some sort of racking system and remove all the cases. Other than that, just personal preference

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If you want to maximize space, then get some sort of racking system and remove all the cases. Other than that, just personal preference

The Kidd beat me to it. Bought some racks at Midway that mount on a shelf. You can hold 5 handguns in a minimal amount of space.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    gun-safe-door-organizer-1024x1024.jpg

Velcro background. So you can put stuff where you like it.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    +1 for the Gun Storage Solutions products. I now have room to add more guns to my safe ... much, much less expensive than buying a new safe.

I bought these products through Amazon rather than from the manufacturer's web site and saved the cost of shipping ... well, not really, I just bought more rifle rods and handgun hangers ... gotta prepare to fill all this new found space!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have one of the very small Stack-on handgun safes with the keypad entry. I have to take the firearms out of their boxes as they will not fit in there otherwise :):

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I use the vinyl coated wire-form racks, and store the original cases/boxes elsewhere. I like the door mounted solutions in this thread too. Might have to look into those.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    My big safe I keep the handguns in the original boxes, and rifles in their carry cases. smaller safe handguns hang in door organizer

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I never have enough space so I just get more safes. If it says 24 gun figure 12 with scopes. I have found that QD mounts make more room. I know have to worry when buying guns if they are safe worthy. I remember a Stienfield episode about sponge worthy guys that still makes me laugh.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Do the pouches that attach with Velcro on the safe door hold on strong? They look sort of flimsy in photos. No worries a pistol will fall off? I like the smart use of space but don't want to throw away money.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Do the pouches that attach with Velcro on the safe door hold on strong? They look sort of flimsy in photos. No worries a pistol will fall off? I like the smart use of space but don't want to throw away money.

Used these for ~10 yrs now, never a problem.
    I'm sure it could depend on the material on your door and how well it grabs to the velcro hooks.

-rvb

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My safe has a vertical divider, leaving the left hand side open for long guns and having six shelves on the right. The long guns are all out of cases, though a few have dowel rods in the barrels to make them long enough to reach the barrel rests (which are, for no apparent reason, about 30" from the floor).

The handguns live in cases on the shelf side. Different shelves have different things on them, but I don't have enough handguns to need more than one shelf for that purpose.

Top Bottom