• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    What manufacturers of remanufactured ammunition are people comfortable using in their Glocks. I know Glock warns against reloads but I also know people who have a real comfort level with certain manufactures of reman rounds. For example what are people's experience with Freedom Ammunition?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Not sure about the question. I shoot reloads almost exclusively in my Glock 26. Wouldn't that be considered remanufactured ammo ? I didn't know Glock warned against remanufactured ammo. Can you cite the source ?

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, the manual says not to use reloads. I was also told by a very experienced instructor and Glock armorer that because Glocks do not have a fully supported chamber that you have to be very careful with reloads and only use reman ammo from very reputable dealers.

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    I assume that means you have had good experiences with Freedom Ammunitions ammo?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Don't recall if the manual warned against reloads or not. Probably did. But I run a lot of reloads through my 26, 19 and 17. No issues. I also don't try to push the envelope on how hot I can go without blowing a gun up.

Only reloads I've purchased were from Andrew at Profire.

Last edited:

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Don't recall if the manual warned against reloads or not. Probably did. But I run a lot of reloads through my 26, 19 and 17. No issues. I also don't try to push the envelope on how hot I can go without blowing a gun up.

Only reloads I've purchased were from Andrew at Profire.

great, thanks for the info

Number9xd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Ky
    Im personally not comfortable using any mass reproduced ammo in any of my guns. In the end, it's not that much cheaper and just not worth the risk IMO.

Top Bottom