• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It was a maintenance bldg. Why would that significantly raise the price of ammo? Unless of course it is just used as an excuse to raise prices.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    It may be difficult to keep the plant running without proper maintenance. Hopefully they can keep their main machinery running at full speed!!!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am happy that no one was hurt. I am sure this will have some negative effect on the plants ability to produce ammunition in the near future.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It's perfectly reasonable to think a factory fire could cause a further decrease in supply. I don't think they'd use it as an excuse to raise prices if it didn't have to, but I imagine something like this can't happen without having some effect on production.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Not sure how an unfortunate catastrophe is a conspiracy, but as far a
    temporary halt in production, there of course is a possibility of a supply issue.
    Not likely of higher prices except for people that may try to use it to
    their advantage. (don't let a good crisis go to waste mentality)
    As far as winchester is concerned I'm guessing they carry a healthy amt of insurance
    for such events.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It's perfectly reasonable to think a factory fire could cause a further decrease in supply. I don't think they'd use it as an excuse to raise prices if it didn't have to, but I imagine something like this can't happen without having some effect on production.

Key word being "could", whereas the odds are very high that prices "will" go up. Ammo, 22LR in particular, is being treated like a commodity by a lot of folks these days.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    When I spoke today with the girl I've been dealing with at Winchester, she said that the fire will have no effect on production, and even if it had, .22LR would not be affected because it is manufactured in Oxford, not East Alton.

Number9xd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Ky
    When I spoke today with the girl I've been dealing with at Winchester, she said that the fire will have no effect on production, and even if it had, .22LR would not be affected because it is manufactured in Oxford, not East Alton.

Hadn't heard that. That's good news for 22 buyers!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    It was a maintenance bldg. Why would that significantly raise the price of ammo? Unless of course it is just used as an excuse to raise prices.

OSHA will come down with hammers swinging, they couldn't wait to shut everything down for a while, have them replacing everything equipment more than couple years old. "just to make sure everything is safe" in that place.

Top Bottom