• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    South Florida
    I have tried a few things to get a high gloss finish on my reloading brass and have not been very successful. Anyone have any suggestions? I sonic clean the brass and then tumble it in pecan shell media and while clean, I just cannot seem to get a high gloss finish on the brass. Another reloader in the area does it commercially but he is not sharing his "secret." Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    If you want really shiny brass, the final step should be corn cob media with a cap full of New Finish car polish. A lot of unnecessary work for no functional improvement. IMO

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have also found that the brass cleaned with corn cob and nu finish stay "bright and shiny" for an extended period over other cleaning methods.

Coat of protective wax versus the surface of the metal scraped clean and left to develop it's own protective coating through the process of corrosion by forming a film of tarnish.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Corncob is the shiney way, I use walnut shell for the fast and not so shiny clean. My dad uses the stainless media, but I dont have a water tight tumbler, so I stick with the cheap stuff that you pick up at harbor freight, and load it with new finish.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I use liquid Flitz, but I've been told that Dillon liquid polish works well. I use a rotary tumbler and ground walnut shells.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    A high speed buffing wheel and jewelers rouge. That is the only way to get a perfect brass polish.

Use a headguard. You don't need to get that polish in your eyes. It makes it hard to see the front sight. If you bother to shoot your loads.....

Top Bottom