• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Has anyone here used Accurate #9 for 9x19mm loading? My Speer #13 manual has a load using this powder and 124 grain bullets, which is the weight I prefer for this caliber. I use #9 for 357 SIG, 10mm Auto, 357 Mag and 44 Mag, but it seems way too slow for 9mm.

Thoughts?

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    You won't like anything about that load with #9, #7 is a much better choice for loading any flavor of 9mm and personally I stopped using #7 in favor of #5 for a few reasons
    1. It makes minor power level easily and then some if that's a consideration for you.
    2. It goes farther per pound
    3. It burns MUCH cleaner at mid range pressure loadings
    4. Any combination of bullet manufacturer in 115 gr FMJ loaded at slightly different COL's gave better groups with #5 than I obtained with #7 and I prefer to load that round for target and range use.

~Hope that helps

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks TH.

I actually wouldn't consider #9 for 9mm, I just thought it was odd that the Speer manual had a load using that powder; Accurate's website doesn't even include a load with that powder. I have considered #7 before, but have been using Universal and Power Pistol recently.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I found Power Pistol really ramped up pressures fast doing load work ups, but I liked it alot. Groups were spot on, clean load. It would be one of my first choices if I wasn't able to get AA#5.

Top Bottom