• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    ​Anyone have reload data for this ancient cannon? Components sources for reloading-dies, bullets, powder, brass, primers, etc., etc.? Any 411 would be appreciated.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    Dolt! Why did I not think of You Tube? Thanks I will view them in the next few days. I do have the insert that lets me shoot .45 LC out of the rifle and it seems to like those Cowboy Action Shooting loads just fine. Fine enough to bust 16 ounce water bottles at 100 yards-that are suspended by kite string from an old real estate sign frame. Do you own one of these venerable weapons?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Dolt! Why did I not think of You Tube? Thanks I will view them in the next few days. I do have the insert that lets me shoot .45 LC out of the rifle

OH talk to me where did you get that 45 lc adaptor, what did it cost??? can you fire smokeless ammo in it.??? Please more details..

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    Bought my 45 LC adapter from the Old Western Scrounger about 5 years ago or so and paid around $20 bucks. Went to their website and found nothing. So went in search of and found two places. Alex Inc. Box 3034 Bozeman, MT 59772 (406)282-7396 alex @mcn.net or Ace Dube of MCA Sports and Ace Bullet Anchorage Alaska 2800 West 33rd Rd. 99517-2201 (907) 248-4913 lilred@ak.net Hope this helps.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Many thanks Gundog.. I have sent out my pleading e-mails, lets see what happens... You know it is sad, when I saw your response, my heart sank.. "What .. No web site" "Just an e-mail address"..

ha ha ha ha How sometimes we get spoiled.. and 20 years ago you would have just sent me the address and I would have been happy to write them as ask for a catalog... ha ha ha

Hey not to be greedy here, any chance of you posting a photo of that insert???.. I have heard of these, but never Knew of anyone who had one...

If you are looking for some brass X-ring Services seems to have a good rep for some reformed brass.. I have a box, never reloaded any but they look quality

View Profile: X-Ring Services - Gunboard's Forums

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've had one of those rifles for about 30 years but never fired it even thought the rifleing is good, going to follow up on this.

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    Now have the pictures of the adapter on my phone How the Hell do I get them on here? Sorry but technology befuddles the crap out of me . I believe I can e-mail them to you what is your e-mail address? Mine is gundog60@att.net Called both of those numbers Montana was disconnected and Alaska was a voicemail saying send an e-mail-so I did. Now we wait. All right I have to bounce and finish a couple of college papers on Supervisory Practices in Criminal Justice. Will chat with you at a later date and time.

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    Indy1919A4 and Leadeye the man from Alaska said $38 bucks in stock, shipped USPO-not sure if the $38 bucks covers shipping though? At any rate to be able to crack off 45LC out of the old smokepole has to be cheaper than 577/450 rounds-Right? If you elect to purchase one let me know how it goes-spring is just around the corner now so Happy shooting!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Many thanks Gundog60 who braved learning how to get a picture sent.. :) He sent me the following photo, then I figured out how to get it loaded :)
    Again thanks for taking the time...

27xnl3d.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Indy1919A4 and Leadeye the man from Alaska said $38 bucks in stock, shipped USPO-not sure if the $38 bucks covers shipping though?

Hey Gundog, The E-mails from the Alaska Guy was very very short and near cryptic.. (I bet he is replying with some kind of hand device) Anywhoo this is what I got out of him in the end

> Ok let me just confirm you have 5 different Inserts for the Henry Martini
    >
    > One in 45 acp ( Smokeless)
    >
    > One in 45 Lc ( Smokeless)

One in 455 Webley (Smokeless)

One in 410 Shotgun (smokeless)
    >
    > & one in 45/70 Black Powder..
    >
    > And I can get any for 38 dollars each shipped.. And they want payment in Check...

So I am torn, I have ordered the 45 acp Adaptor (Most logical) but my heart goes with the 45 LC, 45/70 as well as the 455 Webley (this just seems proper and right... Thanks for this website..

Now if you guys want to really pull out your hair.. Try to figure out if you can shoot the later Kynoch Smokeless 1960s rounds out of your older Martini-henry's????????

Rare Kynoch 577 / 450 Ammo Martini - Henry 10rds : Vintage Ammo at GunBroker.com

Top Bottom