• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleNorby

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Near South Bend, IN
    I have a Lyman trimmer, the one you turn by hand. I see there is a power adapter that you can add, basically swap out the cutter/shaft, and then you power it with a drill or screwdriver. Does anyone know how to get the existing cutter and shaft out? Would seem the cutter head must be removed to slide the shaft out, but I didn't have time to mess with it this AM, thought I'd see if anyone knows. Thanks.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Be very careful when you change to the power cutter adaptor. My set screw has crept on more then one occasion while using a power screwdriver and I've ruined some good brass!! Measure every 5 or 10 pieces and don't use a lot of pressure!

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Be very careful when you change to the power cutter adaptor. My set screw has crept on more then one occasion while using a power screwdriver and I've ruined some good brass!! Measure every 5 or 10 pieces and don't use a lot of pressure!
    I had the same issue and believe I was applying too much force. Now I apply light force and just let the drill do the work.

UncleNorby

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Near South Bend, IN
    Thanks for the advise. Has anyone removed the handle from the shaft? I'm thinking that if the handle were removed, and I had a way to get the shaft in a drill, I could avoid buying the adapter.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    At one time I was considering cutting slot out of the side of a deep well socket to allow the crank handle a place to sit but found a good price on the power adapter and scrapped that idea.

Top Bottom