• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Worth a look. It's too early for me to tell if any of their data has changed. I noticed you do not have to choose every "step" before you click get data. You can still compare powders to bullet weight or just powder to different weight bullets. Made me think "oh no!" at first, but it's probably better.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Yea, noticed that last week. Not sure if I like it yet or not. From what I looked at data was the same, but that was a very small sample size.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I noticed that as well. I didn't see a way to select a powder and then see a list of calibers. You select a cartridge first and then work through the options. I like to see all the calibers that a powder can be used in so I can select one that can be used for multiple purposes.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I used it yesterday, it showed me the info I was looking for so I was happy. It's not THAT user friendly, but it works.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not bad info for products that can't be found in stock anywhere in the country...
    but of course if you know different... let us know

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I noticed that as well. I didn't see a way to select a powder and then see a list of calibers. You select a cartridge first and then work through the options. I like to see all the calibers that a powder can be used in so I can select one that can be used for multiple purposes.

Just select powder and then cartridge. It will show all calibers for the powder. You'll only be able to choose one caliber at a time. You can have 4 different data tabs open at one time on the same page. I checked WSF for the same reason, nothing added though.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Not bad info for products that can't be found in stock anywhere in the country...
    but of course if you know different... let us know
    I've been finding components more and more lately. I don't always find my first choice but it seems like there is usually a replacement.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

Just select powder and then cartridge. It will show all calibers for the powder. You'll only be able to choose one caliber at a time. You can have 4 different data tabs open at one time on the same page. I checked WSF for the same reason, nothing added though.

It could be my browser or it could be pilot error but I don't have an option to select the powder first anymore. It has four steps with "Select Cartridge" first and "Select Powder" last. Much like most instructions, I tried skipping to the last step but it wouldn't do anything until I selected a cartridge. Maybe the old navigation path is still there but not immediately obvious or maybe I need to try with a different browser.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    It could be my browser or it could be pilot error but I don't have an option to select the powder first anymore. It has four steps with "Select Cartridge" first and "Select Powder" last. Much like most instructions, I tried skipping to the last step but it wouldn't do anything until I selected a cartridge. Maybe the old navigation path is still there but not immediately obvious or maybe I need to try with a different browser.

I just realized picked a powder after I selected a caliber. After you choose a caliber go back to "Any" on the very top of the caliber selection and click it. It will open the filter up to search by any of the categories first, or any order you want for that matter.
    For example I picked 40 grain bullet only and then clicked on caliber. The result was 22 Remington Jet, 22 Hornet, 22K Hornet, 221 Fireball, 223 Remington and 22 BR Remington.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I just realized picked a powder after I selected a caliber. After you choose a caliber go back to "Any" on the very top of the caliber selection and click it. It will open the filter up to search by any of the categories first, or any order you want for that matter.
    For example I picked 40 grain bullet only and then clicked on caliber. The result was 22 Remington Jet, 22 Hornet, 22K Hornet, 221 Fireball, 223 Remington and 22 BR Remington.

It is a little clunky compared to the old site but it works. Thanks!

Top Bottom