• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Anyone else notice that the number of ads/people flipping 22LR ammo has seemed to dwindle, hardly see them anymore, is that a sign it's becoming more available or that people just gave up?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Spring's on, it's warmer out, more shooting going on. Alot of "flippers" might be "getting high on their own supply"... A few that show up to the range I've talked to that brag, BRAG, about flipping are griping they can't sell for $75 a pack anymore, so they are shooting it up.

Kinda sad in a way. I have to teach a girlfriend how to shoot, can't find .22LR to do so and this dork is blasting away his bulk packs b/c he can't sell them at 300% margin, just 100%... Cest la vie! Back to lightly loaded .38s!

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I think people are finally getting fed up with prices. I was out yesterday and saw some .22lr retail that was $20 for 225 and the guy said that it was a great deal. I said that its overpriced for bulk .22lr at retail. $.05 per round is the most I will pay retail. Its just not worth it anymore.

I hope all the gougers that try to sell for double the price or more get stuck with the thousands of rounds they have stockpiled.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Spring's on, it's warmer out, more shooting going on. Alot of "flippers" might be "getting high on their own supply"... A few that show up to the range I've talked to that brag, BRAG, about flipping are griping they can't sell for $75 a pack anymore, so they are shooting it up.

Kinda sad in a way. I have to teach a girlfriend how to shoot, can't find .22LR to do so and this dork is blasting away his bulk packs b/c he can't sell them at 300% margin, just 100%... Cest la vie! Back to lightly loaded .38s!

:yesway:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I hope they're eating their ammo rather than people paying for it.

It got bad there for a bit. Wonder if we got an influx in the classifieds due to armslist and gunbroker drying up? I hope. Going to continue to hold onto my .22 and only let me daughter shoot it for a while though until I see the first bricks on a shelf.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy

It got bad there for a bit. Wonder if we got an influx in the classifieds due to armslist and gunbroker drying up? I hope. Going to continue to hold onto my .22 and only let me daughter shoot it for a while though until I see the first bricks on a shelf.

+1

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Yesterday at gander mountain. I counted 80 bricks of federal 550's. 4 of thunderbolts. 1 of cci long rifle. All @ 24.99 a brick.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If I am going to pay over a dime a shot for .22lr, it will be Eley 10X or mid 90's vintage Fed 900B.

I have three grandsons that really need to be learning to shoot the 3 .22LR rifles I have for them. I cannot believe the "shortage" has been this long.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers"

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    It's been well over a year since I saw 22LR shells of any kind on the shelf anywhere. I still remember that special day it was the last brick of Federal 525 at Rural King and they had it marked up to $30 but I just couldn't bring my tight*** to pay that at the time. Little did I know it would be real close to the going rate from there on. I can only dream about walking up to the gun counter at Wal mart and seeing a 550 pack of Federal. Thank you flippers for turning my 10/22 into a permanent safe queen.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The people willing to pay 75 per brick are long gone and those willing to pay 35-50 are dwindling rapidly.

When only the folks willing to pay 25 remain, they'll be able to pick it up for themselves again directly from the retail shelves.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Everything runs it course. Just like the housing boom, after enough people get screwed, the supply of fools dwindles. Then prices plummet before they return to normal. We saw it with houses. We saw it with AR's and AK's. Now we'll see it with .22 ammo.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Remember the people who were standing in line to pay $38.00 an ounce for Silver just a couple of years ago, because everything was going to "collapse"? Now they're pounding it up their a$$ for $19.00 because no one wants it. These are most likely the same ones getting stuck with .22 LR for $75.00 a brick. Same song, different dance.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Take solace in the fact that he's too stupid to get back his original investment and would rather p*ss the ammo away than cover his expenditure. And maybe 'next time' these fools will stay home rather than strip the shelves at Walmart.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The people willing to pay 75 per brick are long gone and those willing to pay 35-50 are dwindling rapidly.

When only the folks willing to pay 25 remain, they'll be able to pick it up for themselves again directly from the retail shelves.

:yesway:

This!

We haven't bought any 22lr in over two years, we went thru Wal Mart in Franklin a couple of weeks ago and scored 4 bricks of 550 @23.95 each. So if we found some with no more effort than we've put into it that must mean it's coming back, or we just got lucky.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have seen more .22lr in the past 2-3 weeks than I have seen in the past year. Online & in walmart.
    Gander Mountain & Cabela's online, still sells out quickly however some of the more expensive (eley & norma) remains available at Midway & Grafs. This was NOT the case 6 months ago.

I believe it will take a while for production to catch up as shooting has increased & new shooters are out there.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Oh hey, another 22lr, capitalism is evil thread.

I hope all the gougers that try to sell for double the price or more get stuck with the thousands of rounds they have stockpiled.

^ These always crack me up. Oh, boo hoo - you might get stuck with ammo. Lots of folks will be happy to have a stockpile of ammo ;)

In any case, it's been fairly available for a couple months now. I saw 5 cases go on the shelf walking into walmart a couple weeks ago. CASES. It was there a couple hours. Online, I've seen some 22 almost every day (generally around $30 shipped for a brick with $5 flat rate Cabelas shipping or FREE ship to store at Gander.

It's out there. Stop whining and find it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If I see start seeing boxes of 22 regularly on Walmart shelves and the price settles to around $20, I'm going to buy at least 100,000 rounds. When the repubs start their "if Hillary wins, she's going to ban our guns!!!!!1!!!!" crap, I'm going to cash in.

Top Bottom