• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I couldn't find this anywhere but if a dupe.... I haven't seen it.

[video=youtube;k3M46XVfVOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3M46XVfVOU[/video]

Interesting idea....... I would never have thought of it.
    I'm not sure it would cycle in a pump but it seems effective in a double.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I couldn't find this anywhere but if a dupe.... I haven't seen it.

[video=youtube;k3M46XVfVOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3M46XVfVOU[/video]

Interesting idea....... I would never have thought of it.
    I'm not sure it would cycle in a pump but it seems effective in a double.

That guy has immortalized some of the dumbest "gun store bull****" I've ever heard with his YouTube channel. :rolleyes:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I saw that idea from Costa, not sure if it was on the Magpul shotgun video or not. He cut his in three of four slits, leaving small tabs still attached. Doing that allowed it to function in a pump action shotgun. It was an interesting experiment, and I suppose in a bad situation and that was all you had, it'd work, but I wouldn't want to rely on it if I didn't have to!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is my backup in case 12 gauge SD ammo is not available and it is totally reliable in both my SXS and pump action shotguns. In the testing I have done over the last couple of years since I discovered the cut shell concept.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unless you find yourself in need of defensive ammunition with nothing but powder-fine birdshot available, it strikes me as an answer looking for a question given that using a proper slug is a vastly superior solution.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have tried it, they actually work really well. I prefer Remington Solid copper slugs, but if I was in a bind, I am sure cut shells could put meat on the table.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Historical side-note: (And if it's mentioned in the video, my apologies...I can't view it)

Cut shells were "developed" way back when shotgun slugs were A) rare, and B) very very expensive. Think Great Depression-era.

It was the poor-man's slug to be used for deer hunting. And it worked. Still works.

-J-

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That guy has immortalized some of the dumbest "gun store bull****" I've ever heard with his YouTube channel. :rolleyes:

Well, you can't look forward to that anymore.

He was a character, that's for certain. RIP, Barry.

...and cut shells? Knowing how to improvise with limited resources is always a good thing. I'm no tin foil hatter, but there may be times when we won't have access to all the varieties of ammo we are used to.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Historical side-note: (And if it's mentioned in the video, my apologies...I can't view it)

Cut shells were "developed" way back when shotgun slugs were A) rare, and B) very very expensive. Think Great Depression-era.

It was the poor-man's slug to be used for deer hunting. And it worked. Still works.

-J-

Also WAY cheaper than a standard pack of slugs. You can get a box of 25 under 10 bucks anywhere.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Be careful... In some states hunting with cut shells is illegal. That being said look around you tube for wax slugs. The wax slug is a process of melting crayons adding shot and pouring the mix back into the shell. I tried it and found the 8 hours wasn't worth the 8 seconds.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've tried wax slugs but not cut shells. The wax slugs are awesome i shot a big block of modeling clay expecting a big hole but instead got vaporized clay. Cut shells kinda scare me but i do want to try it.

Top Bottom