• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thecoltsman2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Just curious to see how everyone lubes thier cases and with what kind of lube. I have used RCBS case slick and lee resizing lubricant. I prefer the RCBS as it sprays on and is easier for bulk usage. Please let me know your thoughts.

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    I season new dies with hornady unique for first 25 then switch to one shot. If I start to have to much resistance or sticking run 5 or 10 with unique and all is good.

thecoltsman2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone. I will need to get some one shot. I mixed the lee lubricant today with isopropyl and will try this spray today. One shot seems easier.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Imperial and Lee

it seems like every stuck case thread I read starts with "I was using One Shot..."

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    The only time I have had stuck cases is with One-Shot. Switched to Lee (paste) and no problems since. A little slower than a spray, if you don't count the time of extracting a stuck case or two form the die, but much cheaper. I listen to music, sitting in a comfortable chair while lubing up a tub of cases. Very relaxing. Goes very quickly when you get a system going.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    One Shot is named appropriately meaning that you will give it "one shot" then toss it in the garbage.

I use liquid lanolin and 99% iso which is what the Dillon stuff it made from although much cheaper and lasts forever. Spray with a dollar store spray bottle.

Lee was is also good but a little messy. I heard of people cutting it and spraying it. Imperial works great reforming or any other hard work that needs to be done. Making 300 Black from 223 brass for example.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Where does everyone find liquid lanolin? I've looked at CVS, Walmart, and Meijer, but no luck. I figured if anyone would have it locally, one of those stores would.

Top Bottom