• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My buddy called me up, excited because he'd just picked up a Glock 41. He's been wanting one for a while and picked one up for a good price at BGF. Since he had some time and since I was working from home, we decided we'd both meet over at ITP to put a few rounds through his new gun (as well as through my new 1911's). Neither of us had any .45, so he said he'd stop at the Walmart in Beech Grove pick some up. That's where the rant comes in :xmad:

I'm sitting, waiting at ITP when my buddy calls me. He says that he's still at Walmart waiting to get ammo. By this time there are 3 other people waiting with him and it's been 20 minutes since he'd gotten to Walmart. I tell him to let me know when he gets the ammo because I only have an hour or so for lunch and need to get back to work.

He calls me 15 minutes later to tell me no dice. Evidently the Beech Grove Walmart only has one key to the ammo case and an employee must have taken it home. He was told to come back tomorrow. I can't believe they only had one key to the ammo case. That is beyond ridiculous. Thanks to those morons I wasted an hour of my time (with drive time and everything) and still didn't get to shoot :(

/rant

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, you're absolutely right about that. However, I would imagine Walmart, a business, to want to actually take my money. They can't do that if they're freakin stupid enough to have only one key to ANYTHING in the store. That's just bad policy in my mind.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    After two weeks in a row waiting 20+ minutes for the Walmart employees to find the key, I was done buying anything out of the case. They are still hard to beat for bulk shot shells though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would have bought some ammo from ITP, but I was out of time and their prices were a bit more than I wanted to part with. Over $0.50 per round is not happening. One reason why I don't buy ammo at local gun shops.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's a guy at the Bedford Walmart that tries to leave when it looks like somebody's looking to buy something from behind the counter. I don't know what his calling in life is but retail sales is not one of them. :):

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I would (and have) paid the higher price at the LGS just to have 1 box of ammo until I can get some cheaper elsewhere. How much is the wasted time waiting worth?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I agree with you there and had I had enough time, I probably would have bit the bullet. As it was I didn't want to pay something like $26 for 50 rounds of .45 and get 15 minutes to shoot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uh.....get a bunch every time you go and do not shoot it all up every time you go.

Eventually you will get ahead of the game and have a stash like the rest of us evil Ammo hoarders.

I know you just recently got into 45 ACP so you get a pass on this on but man do not let this happen again.....:)

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The guy probably took the key home to make a copy of it. The absurd part is that anyone with a set of lock picks could open it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Uh.....get a bunch every time you go and do not shoot it all up every time you go.

Eventually you will get ahead of the game and have a stash like the rest of us evil Ammo hoarders.

I know you just recently got into 45 ACP so you get a pass on this on but man do not let this happen again.....:)

I'm sorry CM, I promise to do better in the future :D

Seriously, I've gotten ahead with 9mm well enough that I always keep 1000 rounds around and order more if I go under, but .45 is expensive enough I haven't built up any extra yet. Of course, it doesn't help that every time I go to the range, I shoot up all the .45 I bring with :):

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    There's a guy at the Bedford Walmart that tries to leave when it looks like somebody's looking to buy something from behind the counter. I don't know what his calling in life is but retail sales is not one of them. :):

Not to jack the thread, but for some reason, the Bedford Walmart goes through managers like toilet paper. I don't think they're there long enough for their influence to be felt through the ranks. Now the people who actually work the store floor, those folks have been there for YEARS. They're not all like this, but most of the ones I have dealt with at that store are either imbeciles or have a serious attitude problem (I'm talking to you grocery section lady with the thin moustache).

Last edited:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I had this happen at Menards yesterday. I know I caught the guys eye and he just turned and walked down the aisle and out of sight.
    As far as Walcrap goes, I won't set foot in there. Gave it up. Last time I did I left after a discussion with the manager and leaving her holding the bag on what would have been $125 in sales. Wrong product/no product and after waiting 45 minutes finding out that "the auto mechanics did not show up" .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We want cheap so we go to stores that only employ minimum wage workers, then we are surprised that they perform like minimum wage workers...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We want cheap so we go to stores that only employ minimum wage workers, then we are surprised that they perform like minimum wage workers...

psyko

Can you change an image purple?

Also doesn't help that Walmart treats their employees like crap....doesn't entice them to go above and beyond. Remembering to leave a key...well, we'll have to figure out if thats 'above and beyond' or not.

I would be shocked if a manager didn't have a key on his chain.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom