• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I was at Indiana Gun Club toay. They had a number of boxes (500 count) of American Eagle brand 22 ammo. Price was $39.99 plus Indiana sales tax which, according to my public education math skills, works out to about 8.6 cents per round.

Wasn't flying off the shelf. Guess, perhaps, the "rush" is at least partially over. Not saying 9 cents a round is a bargain, but at least there is some availability of ammo without having to stand in line at Gander Mountain or check secret website for the next Walmart delivery.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It is mostly over, I can even find it by the case some places again and the price of a case isn't ridiculous either.

Makes me glad that this is over and done with until some idiot cries "Wolf" again and the herd panics. :rolleyes:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Prices and availability are getting better. $0.08 is the high going down to $0.05+ on the shelf. Internet shipping is still the best right now.

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In
    I was at Indiana Gun Club toay. They had a number of boxes (500 count) of American Eagle brand 22 ammo. Price was $39.99 plus Indiana sales tax which, according to my public education math skills, works out to about 8.6 cents per round.

Wasn't flying off the shelf. Guess, perhaps, the "rush" is at least partially over. Not saying 9 cents a round is a bargain, but at least there is some availability of ammo without having to stand in line at Gander Mountain or check secret website for the next Walmart delivery.

blythes in Griffth had the same thing last week for around $27 a box

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm just glad that I already had roughly 500 rounds of it before the panic a couple of years ago.
    However, the protracted shortage has prevented me from shooting any of what I have.
    I've yet to see any on the shelf of either Wal-Mart or Rural King since the panic started, though.
    This crap is getting old.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I have not seen it on a shelf in the Angola area in over two years, outside of one time that I happened to walk into the Angola Wal-mart at the exact right moment and bought the last bulk pack about a year ago. The few times it does hit the shelves it is gone almost instantly. I have probably 2,000 rounds of it in my stash (mostly from long before this shortage situation went down a couple years ago), but dang it would be nice to buy an occasional bulk pack to enjoy shooting. About 3 years ago I was buying a bulk pack a month for about $15 and would think nothing of shooting it up because it was so easy and cheap to pick up. Sadly those days are gone.

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In
    I have not seen it on a shelf in the Angola area in over two years, outside of one time that I happened to walk into the Angola Wal-mart at the exact right moment and bought the last bulk pack about a year ago. The few times it does hit the shelves it is gone almost instantly. I have probably 2,000 rounds of it in my stash (mostly from long before this shortage situation went down a couple years ago), but dang it would be nice to buy an occasional bulk pack to enjoy shooting. About 3 years ago I was buying a bulk pack a month for about $15 and would think nothing of shooting it up because it was so easy and cheap to pick up. Sadly those days are gone.

You have 2000 rounds in the safe, and you need to buy more to "enjoy shooting" ?? What are you saving the 2000 rounds for ? Go out and shoot it....22 ammo is not extinct and not never coming back again

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    You have 2000 rounds in the safe, and you need to buy more to "enjoy shooting" ?? What are you saving the 2000 rounds for ? Go out and shoot it....22 ammo is not extinct and not never coming back again

I used to (for almost 2 decades before this madness) shoot a 500 size brick of .22 often times in a month ... 2 months at most. I enjoyed shooting .22lr. Sorry but I'm not going to go out an burn up what I consider 4-6 months worth of ammo when I cannot readily replace it. I would rather not shoot if that is the case. Call me a hoarder if you like but I don't consider 4 bulk packs on a shelf as hoarding anything. It takes no time to burn up 4 bricks of .22lr if I wanted to. I'd like to be able to walk in Wal-mart, Rural King, Dunhams, or where ever and buy a bulk pack as needed to replace what I have shot and until that happens I am going to hoard my 4 boxes.

Come to the northeast corner of the state. Reasonably priced .22lr is practically "extinct". I can buy it for $50+ a brick at a couple places but no thanks. Anytime locally that it is on shelves at reasonable prices $30 or less a brick it is gone within minutes.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Call me a hoarder if you like but I don't consider 4 bulk packs on a shelf as hoarding anything. It takes no time to burn up 4 bricks of .22lr if I wanted to. I'd like to be able to walk in Wal-mart, Rural King, Dunhams, or where ever and buy a bulk pack as needed to replace what I have shot and until that happens I am going to hoard my 4 boxes.

Come to the northeast corner of the state. Reasonably priced .22lr is practically "extinct". I can buy it for $50+ a brick at a couple places but no thanks. Anytime locally that it is on shelves at reasonable prices $30 or less a brick it is gone within minutes.

I guess everyone has a different idea of what a lot is. I think I may have 15 or 20,000 rounds of 22s. I would buy them as I seen them on the shelf years ago. Way before the panic. I don't think I have seen a brick in Northern Indiana for sale in years. Heck I have magazines that hold the better part of a brick.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm just glad that I already had roughly 500 rounds of it before the panic a couple of years ago.
    However, the protracted shortage has prevented me from shooting any of what I have.
    I've yet to see any on the shelf of either Wal-Mart or Rural King since the panic started, though.
    This crap is getting old.

I am with you! I have two thousand that I refuse to shoot. I used to shoot the heck out of .22 and had several firearms both pistol and rifle. I have sold all but the one rifle.

I got to dig it out and get rid of it. I had big plans for it. Factory bull target 10/22. The price to me has surpassed what it is worth. I can hand load center fire just as cheap and have more fun. That is what I have been doing and am going to continue to do. Consolidated some other calibers too so I can focus my money into more volume.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'll be "over" when we can walk into any Walmart anywhere at any time knowing there'll be bulk .22lr on the self (not behind the counter.)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

In my opinion, one brick is nothing. I used to try to keep 5000 rounds on the shelf (pre Sandy Hook). I have been able to buy a few thousand at reasonable prices over the last couple years, but I've still gone through the majority of my stash.

Five hundred .22s isn't much with multiple shooters in the house. I mean, we go through more than 100 just emptying the magazines once, and that isn't a long shooting session.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Y'all are a bunch of amateurs... I sold off 90% of my 100,000 rounds .22 stash during the panic... I'm down to right around 10,000 rnds remaining and won't sell anymore... Once it's readily available again and the distributors are willing to make deals to move stock I'm going to seek out a deal on a full pallet of .22 ammo to replace it all.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I am always on the hunt for .22LR like everyone else, but never seem to find it on the shelf. I went to a Richmond gun store and saw probably 15 boxes of 500. I asked about the price: $50. I passed on them. I went to Big Daddy's Guns in Hagerstown. They had about 10 boxes of 500 in the shelf for $75 each. I want/need more ammo but my God. If you put a stipped lower receiver and a 500 count of .22LR in front of me and told me to choose one, I would pick the receiver. I own 3,000 rounds of .22LR but only 2 stripped lowers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Y'all are a bunch of amateurs... I sold off 90% of my 100,000 rounds .22 stash during the panic... I'm down to right around 10,000 rnds remaining and won't sell anymore... Once it's readily available again and the distributors are willing to make deals to move stock I'm going to seek out a deal on a full pallet of .22 ammo to replace it all.

Ah, so you're one of those gougers in the classifieds? :)

Top Bottom