• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I was at a shop in Marion yesterday and he had X-Tac steel core for the bargin price of $649/1000 or $13.99/20
    He said it was because it was last guaranteed shipment from the supplier.
    I guess that's understandable and not totally unexpected, but I still can't help but to feel the sticker shock of that price...

I've got a good supply of "green tip" and 1000 loose bullets I got last fall to reload, so I don't plan to buy more.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm in the zero camp. I bought a bunch a while back and then socked it away after realizing I couldn't shoot it at most ranges (I didn't know the difference between M855 and M193 went past bullet weight at the time).

So, it'll sit on my shelf until either I get a good chance to shoot it or it gets expensive enough that it's worth my time to sell it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    All I've shot was 855 while I was in so I'm use to how it shoots. I just got into the AR build thing back in Sept since I was laid up from work for 6 weeks. When I wanted to try her out I seen ZQI for 9.97 per 30 rds and figure what the hey lets see how it works. Runs just the same as I was use to while in, so I bought maybe 200 rds. I don't shoot my AR as mush because I've probably shot close to 10k or more in my 5 yrs of service so I'll wait and buy when cheap here and there. I did buy 420 rounds 30 min before everything started selling out and prices jumped, so I figure if I need to use it fine if not it can sit under our bed.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    All I've shot was 855 while I was in so I'm use to how it shoots. I just got into the AR build thing back in Sept since I was laid up from work for 6 weeks. When I wanted to try her out I seen ZQI for 9.97 per 30 rds and figure what the hey lets see how it works. Runs just the same as I was use to while in, so I bought maybe 200 rds. I don't shoot my AR as mush because I've probably shot close to 10k or more in my 5 yrs of service so I'll wait and buy when cheap here and there. I did buy 420 rounds 30 min before everything started selling out and prices jumped, so I figure if I need to use it fine if not it can sit under our bed.

Hmm, let me see. Veteran: strike one. Evil black rifle: strike two. Cop killing, armor piercing, military style ammo: strike three. You sir, are a terrorist.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Can someone explain why this round is better than any other? I'm not looking for it and will buy anything that is reasonably priced to shoot. By "reasonable" I mean NOT what people are charging for this high-speed green tipped round.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I won't pay extra to shoot "Green Tips". All I want is a 62grj bullet since the SR556 I own has a twist rate that favors them. If I have to load them myself because no one makes this weight other tham those with the penetrator, I will. I oppose the ban for what it means for shooting sports however I don't feel any great need for the actual ammo. I see no reason to pay more to have the "actual" Armed Forces round at all. I only bought pulls because they were cheap and available to load. Was able to get another 1000 bullets of the penetrator type at the Dugger Show today, apparently I bught all they had of these there. They hadn't marked them up which was nice, so I got them making my total bullet alone count near 15,000. I also bought up a few thousand non-penetrator 62 gr bullets.

So the answer to the OP question is "None"?.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Have all I need.

Don't feel a real 'need' for green-tip, anyway. If barrier penetration is a 'challenge', there's better calibers available; .460 Wby., .50 Beowulf, .50 BMG.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Zero! Plain vanilla soft tip pretty much does it all in a .223.

You want to punch through some stuff bump up to 30 cal

Top Bottom