• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • limapapa40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Knox Co.
    I was looking at the website for Dave's Gun Shop in Holland. It said they had Titegroup earlier in the week but there was a limit of 1 per person. Yesterday, I decided to make the 65-mile (one way) trip to get a bottle. When I got there, I told the clerk I wanted 1 bottle of Titegroup and was kind of looking for something different for 9mm and 38 Special. I wasn't familiar with any of the other powders available so I asked if the limit still applied to Titegroup. He said there was no limit so I headed back north with 2 lbs. of Titegroup. I've used it in everything I reload except 45 Colt. I won't need to search for more powder for a long time.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I wish I lived in that area.
    I've been hearing quite a lot lately about how good Titegroup is in large cases that make position-sensitive powders perform inconsistently.
    Titegroup is a bulky powder that is supposed to fill cases nicely with moderate charge weights.
    I'm planning on doing a major reloading job for a friend, 1000 rounds of .45 ACP, and this is powder looks intriguing.
    Still can't find a single can of Unique, and probably won't for years to come, though. :(

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We've only used it in 9mm, so I can't speak to any other application. But for us, it is definitely GTG. Accurate and clean burning.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I wish I lived in that area.
    I've been hearing quite a lot lately about how good Titegroup is in large cases that make position-sensitive powders perform inconsistently.
    Titegroup is a bulky powder that is supposed to fill cases nicely with moderate charge weights.
    I'm planning on doing a major reloading job for a friend, 1000 rounds of .45 ACP, and this is powder looks intriguing.
    Still can't find a single can of Unique, and probably won't for years to come, though. :(

Where did you hear titegroup is a bulky powder that fills the case? It's one of the fastest powders and uses very low amounts of powder. Power Pistol is closer to a bulky powder that fills the case. I wouldn't want to shoot anything that had a case "full" of titegroup.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Where did you hear titegroup is a bulky powder that fills the case? It's one of the fastest powders and uses very low amounts of powder. Power Pistol is closer to a bulky powder that fills the case. I wouldn't want to shoot anything that had a case "full" of titegroup.

Didn't know that.
    I was told that one of TItegroup's merits was that it's not as position-sensitive as some other powders (I've heard that Red Dot is one), which led me to believe that it was a bulky powder good for helping fill up large cases with small charge weights.
    Thanks for the extra information.
    btw...I (finally!) located some powder suitable for a big reload project I'm about to undertake (1,000 rounds of .45 ACP), Hodgdon Hi-Skor 700-X.
    Would you or anyone else reading this thread have any experience with it, especially with .45 ACP?
    If so, did it work okay in that application?

dmave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the heads up! I've been looking for some Titegroup for some time. Ended up having to go with some alternate powder for the .45 load I was working on. I've been glad to see that things are starting to lighten up a little bit and you can actually find some powders on the sheles that haven't been there for years.

dmave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    There are a few places in the Fort Branch and Evansville area that have a decent selection of reloading supplies. I've found Meeks guns in Fort Branch, as well as Bucks and Jakes (2 locations now) to have a decent supply. As always, I'd call before first to make sure they actually have what you need.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Didn't know that.
    I was told that one of TItegroup's merits was that it's not as position-sensitive as some other powders (I've heard that Red Dot is one), which led me to believe that it was a bulky powder good for helping fill up large cases with small charge weights.
    Thanks for the extra information.
    btw...I (finally!) located some powder suitable for a big reload project I'm about to undertake (1,000 rounds of .45 ACP), Hodgdon Hi-Skor 700-X.
    Would you or anyone else reading this thread have any experience with it, especially with .45 ACP?
    If so, did it work okay in that application?

I don't like the 700-X or 800-X. The flake powders don't meter very well with my equipment and need to be scooped and measured individually. Too much of a PITA for me.

I've used Accurate #5 with good results. About 8.1 Grains with 230 jacketed IIRC. I've loaded my last few thousand with Winchester Super Target. 4.4 grains to 4.7 grains. Finally settled on 4.5. Again 230 gr, but plated instead of jacketed. I've got some Titegroup which is supposed to use the same weights as WST.

I picked up a 8 lb jug of CFE Pistol, though, so that's likely what I'll be using in both .45 and 9mm for awhile.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I don't like the 700-X or 800-X. The flake powders don't meter very well with my equipment and need to be scooped and measured individually. Too much of a PITA for me.

I've used Accurate #5 with good results. About 8.1 Grains with 230 jacketed IIRC. I've loaded my last few thousand with Winchester Super Target. 4.4 grains to 4.7 grains. Finally settled on 4.5. Again 230 gr, but plated instead of jacketed. I've got some Titegroup which is supposed to use the same weights as WST.

I picked up a 8 lb jug of CFE Pistol, though, so that's likely what I'll be using in both .45 and 9mm for awhile.

I also snagged a 8 lb jug of CFE Pistol and have made up some preliminary loads of 9mm and .45 to put over a chrono on Monday.

I loaded up Xtreme 124gr RN for the 9mm at 4.8 thru 5.4 grains. For the .45 I loaded 225gr RN lead at 5.8 thru 6.4 grains.

I could post some results if anyone would be interested ...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I also snagged a 8 lb jug of CFE Pistol and have made up some preliminary loads of 9mm and .45 to put over a chrono on Monday.

I loaded up Xtreme 124gr RN for the 9mm at 4.8 thru 5.4 grains. For the .45 I loaded 225gr RN lead at 5.8 thru 6.4 grains.

I could post some results if anyone would be interested ...

I'm interested.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Thanks for the info.
    FWIW, I'm not worried at all about metering through a conventional measure, since I'll be using my PACT powder dispenser that automatically weighs each charge.

Top Bottom