• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I plan on ordering a Vepr in 7.62x54r tonight and before I decided on that I was looking at a PSL and I kept reading to only shoot 147gr or lighter ammo, but could never find a reason why? If thats an actual thing, why is it? Is it the same with the Vepr? I have lots of HB (182gr) surplus ammo and don't want to tear anything up, but I also have lots of 147gr to shoot if thats not safe. Can anyone confirm this?

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I plan on ordering a Vepr in 7.62x54r tonight and before I decided on that I was looking at a PSL and I kept reading to only shoot 147gr or lighter ammo, but could never find a reason why? If thats an actual thing, why is it? Is it the same with the Vepr? I have lots of HB (182gr) surplus ammo and don't want to tear anything up, but I also have lots of 147gr to shoot if thats not safe. Can anyone confirm this?

Has to do with stress cracks forming near the trunion from the heavier recoil impulse of the heavy ball.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    That's what I was figuring, I have the opportunity to purchase it at $6 a box for non corrosive, but it's not worth the risk of tearing something up if that's going to be the case

Top Bottom