• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Once again, the .25 has shown itself to me to be the best round to be shot with other than possibly a .22 short. While tennis shoes and screen doors aren't generally hard cover, if your opponent has a .25 that may be enough to avoid a break in the skin.

Gun fired in near contact with only a screen door between shooter and victim. .25 penetrated the screen, victim's shoe, and bruised his foot. The intact bullet was inside the shoe. Another shot penetrated the screen, struck the glass in the interior door and shattered it, but failed to break through to the second pane of glass.

Shell casings recovered confirmed it was a .25.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Once again, the .25 has shown itself to me to be the best round to be shot with other than possibly a .22 short. While tennis shoes and screen doors aren't generally hard cover, if your opponent has a .25 that may be enough to avoid a break in the skin.

Gun fired in near contact with only a screen door between shooter and victim. .25 penetrated the screen, victim's shoe, and bruised his foot. The intact bullet was inside the shoe. Another shot penetrated the screen, struck the glass in the interior door and shattered it, but failed to break through to the second pane of glass.

Shell casings recovered confirmed it was a .25.

Are you saying in all the novels James Bond chose poorly!?!?! Unpossible. I guess he eventually learned as well though, but I read on here that caliber doesn't matter since shot placement is the rule. I'm so confused now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used to know a guy that was shot a couple of times by a .25 in a barroom brawl. He said he didn't realize he had been shot until the fight was over

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    STeel toed tennis shoes and lead lined glass, obviously.

The rules for carrying a .25 weren't followed either. Alternate fmj with hp for just this type of situation

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I thought the rule for carrying a .25 ACP was to put it in a strong tube-sock so that you can swing it like a bola, thereby extending your effective range beyond just beating the perp with it.

-Nate

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That's why I am carrying a 45. If I shoot someone in the foot they will vaporize in a cloud of red mist. :cool:

Thanks for sharing BBI.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    .25 ACP
    One of the most embarrassing rounds ever made.
    But still, there are so many girls on here that refuse to stop carrying it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom