• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Finally got a day off and figured I'd get up early and take advantage of it. I pulled out the MP 359-640 Mold using the large hollow point pins and went at it.

I casted exactly 488 bullets and immediately carried them over onto the powder coating table. After powder coating they went to the single stage press for sizing. Busy morning but I completely enjoyed the time outside and the fruits of my labor. Now I've got some more fun projectiles for the 38/357 revolvers.

DSC_0811%20Custom_zpsux7eqg82.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    A little more labor intensive but I spray on one tray and then move them to another with needle nose pliers then bake. I found if I bake on the same tray I sprayed them on the powder on the tray bonds to the bullets. Baking on a clean tray avoids the mess and they size easily.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    A little more labor intensive but I spray on one tray and then move them to another with needle nose pliers then bake. I found if I bake on the same tray I sprayed them on the powder on the tray bonds to the bullets. Baking on a clean tray avoids the mess and they size easily.

Thanks for the tip.

I was tumble lubing with Lee Alox and didn't care for the mess or the smoke when shooting them. I've shot about 100 powder coated bullets so far with no issues at all. :cheers:

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    What type of alloy are you using? I just made 60+ pounds of 1.5% tin/2% antimony/ 96.5% Lead to try out.

That should do well with 9mm and 45 acp but I might go a bit harder for 357 or 44 Magnum. I found with powder coat the alloy isn't nearly as sensitive and will withstand a lot. In 30-06 for the Garand I'm shooting a 14 bhn 200gr bullet powder coated at 1,850 fps with no problem.

Top Bottom