• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No, I don't have "once-fired primers" for sale but I saw this question posted on another forum (yes, there is one) and thought I'd ask here. Does anybody mix spent 209 primers with their tumbling media?

Curious in Indy.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    No, I have not done that but I do cut up a new dryer sheet into 1/2 inch strips and throw into my tumbler. They attract crud and dust and make my shiney clean cases smell like fresh laundry!

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I do have an old "rock tumbler" type brass cleaner that I throw in a handfull of BBs for those really dirty cases.
    And plus one for drier sheets.
    Strips of torn newspaper in a vibratory cleaner are aggressive brass cleaners too.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    never heard of the spent primers but always use dryer sheets and polish when i dry tumble

I do have an old "rock tumbler" type brass cleaner that I throw in a handfull of BBs for those really dirty cases.
    Strips of torn newspaper in a vibratory cleaner are aggressive brass cleaners too.

I could see that maybe the spent primers or BBs might help clean out the inside of a case but you would have to dump a crapload in with the brass?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    On a related note, I was setting things up on my Dillon press the yesterday and I accidentally ran a freshly sized and primed case through the sizing die a second time and popped the new primer out.

Didn't even blow myself up.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Have to add, newspaper in ADDITION to media. Knew that didn't look right.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Huh. Strips of newspaper. Sounds like an old timers trick, kinda can see where they would add some mild abrasion to media. Thinking might try it.

Top Bottom