• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I used to reload 38spcl, 45acp, 45long colt. 380acp, etc. Had a Dillon 550 with all the trimmings....Wifey and I started having babies and a concern about toddlers "chewing on primers" and less disposable income at the time led to the reloading stuff being sold.

Now the boys are teens and as a group we are enjoying shooting again.

Back then I lived in Texas and there was a shop that would take buy back your spent brass as long as you bought ammo from them. They offered some pretty good reloads for sale. Did that for a while but then just jumped into the reloading hobby myself. Never got into casting, but used a lot of cast bullets..

Question is threefold: Are there any shops in Indy that will give you a few cents for spent brass? Any reloads available? (maybe not now but in the near future when the supply recovers)
    Or should I bite the bullet and just get a new Dillon system?:rockwoot:

I have been to the Dillon site. Yikes! Prices have gone up!

Pappy

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Dont know of any shops that buy brass, but it would probably sell on the EE here.

Reloading is as crazy priced as loaded ammo right now.... I saw primers for $12 per 100pk in a shop yesterday and $90 per 1K !!!:n00b: I have still been buying powder and bullets reasonable but the primers are few and far between at a good cost factor.

I am going to load up the last few thousand rounds that I have components for and then wait and see, after that I will hit the ammo cache that has been built up for 15-20 years.... after that?:dunno:

List the brass reasonably here in the classifieds and they will sell....

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Well, reloaded ammo is available from places like Precision Cartridge for decent prices ( Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45. ), although I think they are running behind on filling orders. They also will take brass back and reload it for you for less cost than buying theirs.

Other than that, if you have a significant amount of brass, you may get a better price selling it in bulk to someone who does reload, and I know you could get rid of it easily here on INGO.

Lastly, my :twocents:, is to go ahead and get a new press and teach your kids too. I realize components are harder to find and a little more expensive, (especially primers), and you don't need to purchase the most expensive press. But more than the setup itself, it is another hobby you can share and can pass on knowledge to them that will last a lifetime if they enjoy shooting. They may never get into it themselves, but at least they will know how if they choose to. The time spent together is something they will remember forever, as this is how I started and wish my father was still around so I could continue to learn from him.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    THAT IS BS!!!:bs:

There is no reason what so ever that prices should be that high!:xmad::soapbox:

Can I ask the name of the shop so I know NEVER to step foot in their door?:bash:

and that would certainly be your right since we still (for the most part) operate under the free enterprise system. the same goes for those who have obviously found they can price their wares at whatever the market will bear. Since you don't know the retailer selling at those prices I doubt the fact that you still won't be buying from them will have much effect on their bottom line.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Well I have to step back a second on my original post. If this is for regular pistol and rifle primers then I stand behind what I said. On the other hand if these are the Etronix primers then I stand corrected because that would be cheap.

But then again I don't know anyone personally that was dumb enough to invest in an electronic ignition firearm either!:dunno:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    THAT IS BS!!!:bs:

There is no reason what so ever that prices should be that high!:xmad::soapbox:

Can I ask the name of the shop so I know NEVER to step foot in their door?:bash:

A pawn shop in Martinsville Indiana..... I did pick up USGI M14 mags for $15 each though!!! Some stuff is cheap, some priced at market or higher and a few at ridiculous prices like the large pistol primers, they were CCI if I recall correctly.

In all fairness the owner was out and would probably come down on the $$ as he usually does on everything else.

I peruse the shop when I am down there because you just never know whats in there.

Another pawn down there had a Colt removable carry handle for $45.00, its on my CMMG rifle now. The Colt Competition HBAR is $1000 in there, he was selling the extras seperately.

Top Bottom