• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Hey, I have a old FEG hi power and was looking for cheap ammo to feed it and instead of steel case I saw that for almost the same price Freedom munitions makes reloads in 9mm and tad bit more makes new manufactured ammo.

Have any of you guys shot this stuff? Would it be good for range/plinking ammo? Has it caused an KBs or anything crazy? Would you recommend it over wolf or Tulammo

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have run some of the new manufactured stuff in .40 with no problems. It is good range ammo. I have a few friends who love the 9mm. I recently ordered a case of the new manufactured 9. It should arrive today. So far, everyone I know who runs it likes it so I went ahead and ordered some.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've shot about 1,500 rounds of it through my M&P, Shield, and Sig P228 - have not had an issue. Also, shot a fair amount of their 223 and 38spl with no hiccups.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I've shot quite a bit of both the re-manufactured and new 9mm in 124gr & 147gr, maybe 1000+ rounds. Other than the one squib I had, it's run fine for me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have their 147gr 9mm and it has been good. It is a little slower than others, but for plinking at a range you should be good to go.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    The only problem I've seen from the freedom munitions is that it won't cycle my uncles HK. The case that my cousin bought ran great through everything else. There were, I believe, 2 rounds from the case that were seated pretty deep compared to the others, but after measuring were within SAAMI spec, and since they load them pretty light they shot just fine too.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I have limited experience with their ammo overall but last spring I put a 250 reman pack through my SR40 without any hiccups. I was pleasantly surprised with it actually.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've burned a couple hundred rounds of the stuff. Ran perfect in Glocks and in a PPQ. Not so much in my P320. Apparently, some runs get rather hard primers (similar to NATO 9mm ammo). I was getting nearly an FTF every mag even with clear evidence of primer strike.

As other ammo also did it in my P320, I attributed it to the gun being dirty or something. (GECO also gave me some FTFs).

The last dozen mags or so of Freedom have run perfectly in my P320. And in my friend's guns (G19, P229s, PPQ).

I'd not hesitate to use it for range ammo, even in my 320 that previously struggled with it a bit.

ETA: a youtube guy who does box-to=steel-match-reviews had the exact same problems I had with P320 and Freedom. He cleaned his gun, problems went away. Mine is 100% now, too.
    [video=youtube_share;B8aG371orTM]http://youtu.be/B8aG371orTM[/video]

Top Bottom