• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    While doing my final round of loading for the upcoming p dog trip, I ran low on my favorite .17 caliber bullets. Checked prices at the two online retailers I often use and found Midsouth Shooters Supply to be slightly cheaper than Midway USA. Ordered 1K 20 gr VMax Tuesday. They were delivered today. Attaway Midsouth!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Nice. I've ordered from Midway on a Friday am to have it show up on Saturday. Now it seems they are using UPS Surepost which generally adds a day due to USPS last mile.

Midsouth has had some nice sales on powder lately but the hazmat and shipping fees always seem to block my 'place order' button. I know its about on-line shipping.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I really like Midsouth. Ordered from them for 25+ years.

In the past they have had some free hazmat sales. Not very often but I'm always on the lookout for it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My last order from Midsouth was incorrect. They grilled me as to whether or not I ordered the wrong item. They said that if I ordered the wrong item, that it was my error and they would not take it back. They researched the order and found that they had made the mistake. I eventually got to return the incorrect merchandise and get what I had ordered, but their policy soured me from ever ordering from them again.

boostjunki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 7, 2015
    Elkhart County
    My last order from Midsouth was incorrect. They grilled me as to whether or not I ordered the wrong item. They said that if I ordered the wrong item, that it was my error and they would not take it back. They researched the order and found that they had made the mistake. I eventually got to return the incorrect merchandise and get what I had ordered, but their policy soured me from ever ordering from them again.

If it was your first time ordering from them it could explain the extra scrutiny. Give them another shot at your business. I've ordered from them for years and have always had great service.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I ordered some 308 dies from them. After waiting over a week for them to ship to me. I finally opened the box, and discovered the dies where used and broken (it had a stuck case in thr sizing die and the spindle was broken from someone trying to pull the case out). I called them and they already knew about the problem. They said that was the last one they had in stock. So I decided to return since I couldn't exchange. Then a couple of hours later they called me and said they do have a new one in stock that I could purchase. By then I already ordered one from midway. The one from midway was at my door two days later. So for now on its Midway for me.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have had good luck with Midsouth and Midway. The last order I placed for powder was no hazmat fee. That was good and they have the best prices on powder that I have found. Plus they had what I wanted.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If it was your first time ordering from them it could explain the extra scrutiny. Give them another shot at your business. I've ordered from them for years and have always had great service.
    Not my first order by far, but the first one in years. They carry the "Smart Reloader" stuff, which I consider junk. I'll probably stay with Midway and other retailers.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I periodically go through Clarksville and pick up my hazmat orders to avoid shipping - by doing that I do have to pay TN sales tax though.

Midsouth is about the only place I by powers.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I periodically go through Clarksville and pick up my hazmat orders to avoid shipping - by doing that I do have to pay TN sales tax though.

Midsouth is about the only place I by powers.
    Are they super powers? I could use some, but I wouldn't want to wear a funny costume.

Top Bottom