• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    On occasion I have purchased some 9mm bullets (not cartridges) from Rocky Mountain Reloading to load for plinking, target practice, and use in IDPA and USPSA shoots. I just got an email from them informing me that new orders will be slightly delayed due to the high volume of orders they are receiving. Either this was a ploy by RMR to frighten folks into ordering more quickly or they really are getting behind in filling orders.

I got caught with my proverbial pants down the last time shortages of powder, primers, bullets, .22 ammo, etc became scarce and I, like many people, suffered thru months of searching for components and ammo. My supplies are now more than adequate based on my projected usage and time frame. I'm just anxious that folks will begin to experience the same problems as occurred in the post '08 drought.

So . . . . . shortages real or artificial ?

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Walked into Cabelas this past week and for the first time in years saw a full shelf of .22LR all kinds of powder and a full selection of primers.

Who knows what's going to happen. If people get stupid again I am going to be selling.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The last two months have seemed slightly elevated, but I haven't seen any recent increase in that trend.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I know 223 is getting hard to find at my local walmarts, I was seeing shelf fulls of perfecta and winchester but now all I can find is steel cased tul ammo...I still buy it just for SHTF situation or range ammo.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I say it has already started. A lot of ammo vendor sites are already experiencing shipping delays due to the increase in sales. So my prediction is that the Great Ammunition Grab of 2016 is well under way.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I am guessing we won't see any serious shortages until November. I am trying to prepare, and was considering stock piling Mag Pul 30 round mags to sell later. :laugh:

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    For reloading components it seems the shortage never really ends.
    2009-2011 it was primers... They were almost impossible to get.
    Next it was powder. That situation is easing somewhat but it's still been years since I could buy a jug of 231 or Clays.
    Soon I think it will be primers again. Federal primers have been hard to find the last 6 months. I think that is just the beginning.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A smart man would be buying ammo and mags is large numbers right now. A wise man already has.

Already have...set-up is where I want it to be...looking at starting reloading this fall...hope to get a decent start with that by Thanksgiving...at least we'll know by then.

Top Bottom