• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Hi folks.
    As of this writing I am up to my eye balls in .300 AAC loading both sub and super. I never wanted to be here, I never had an interest in the .300 AAC. having said that let me explain my delimma. I have been trying to find a workable subsonic load for the 7.62 X 39. I have achieved a sub load but for the life of me I can't get one that will cycle in anything. I do realize that our Fed govt, has probably spent somewhere in the neighborhood of several million dollars (give or take $10.00) developing the .300 AAC sub and they work great. There are a couple of outfits that sell subs for the 7.62 X 39 that are suppose to work but I can't bring myself to pay their inflated prices so I don't really know if they in fact will cycle in an AR, SKS, AK, etc with or wthout a suppressor.

I have always believed that there is no one smarter that all of us. Do any of you have a workable data that will make this old man happy?

All comments are welcome

God bless,

Rog

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    So you are wanting a load for 7.62 not 300blk right?? I personally haven't loaded any, but I just recently saw a video of a guy shooting his ak with some 7.62x39 subs he loaded. I'm pretty sure he have his load data too. I'll go look!

kawa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I will continue to load .300 AAC as I have worked out all of the kinks and believe me there were a lot of kinks in the 300 B/O. I did build a 7.62 X 39 AR that is really a sweet shooter but I want to run some subs through it
    If any of you are oading the .300 and are having any problems I am more than happy to assist if I can.
    If you find that info that the other guy is using I will appreciate the help.
    Rog

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I can't offer specific loads, but I can work on a 'method'. I have done some off the wall experimentation with hand loading before. If I were to try what you are after, is figure the case capacity ratio of the .300 vs. the 7.62x39 and use that as a baseline starting point, going low to be safe.

I did did a quick search for '200 gr 7.62x39' and came up with several threads on various boards, like this one:

7.62X39 200 gr load

it seems that many are for bolt guns or single shots, which doesn't help much in an autoloader, or they are trying to get hotter, supersonic loads, but they may be a place to start.

Top Bottom