• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on a 25mm bullet mold? I am looking into building a breech-loader loosely based off of the old M-3 anti-tank guns, but in 25mm instead of 37mm. I've done a pretty extensive web search, but come up empty handed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Joe

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I assume you'll have to form 1 that?

I've always wanted to own a piece of artillery (though God knows where I'd be able to shoot it).

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    ADDICTIVE

I assume you'll have to form 1 that?

I've always wanted to own a piece of artillery (though God knows where I'd be able to shoot it).

Nope! Powder, round, and primer will all loaded separately. The breach will not allow it to be loaded any other way and projectile will not be explosive. Artillery is a VERY addictive hobby! I have a mountain howitzer, Cohorn mortar, Requa battery gun and almost finished building a King howitzer (waiting for barrel to arrive from foundry). Everyone should have a cannon! Big fun!
    Mortar.jpg 0328151523-00_01_01(1).jpg

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Dang, how much lead will that take??? .50cal is 880 grains isn't it? That is twice the size...

It will be a hefty chunk. Won't know for sure until I poor one. I know the rounds I cast for the Cohorn weigh about six pounds, but that has a 3" bore. My mountain howitzer has a 2-1/4" inch bore and those rounds weigh in at around two pounds. Thank God for tire weights! :)

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    It will be a hefty chunk. Won't know for sure until I poor one. I know the rounds I cast for the Cohorn weigh about six pounds, but that has a 3" bore. My mountain howitzer has a 2-1/4" inch bore and those rounds weigh in at around two pounds. Thank God for tire weights! :)

I would imagine kids would help also. "Ok now go dig it out."

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Mountain molds makes custom molds as well. Your big problems is going to be finding someone with a set of blocks big enough to house a 1" bullet. You might be looking at a one off type of deal.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    One inch inside diameter will make it easy for a machine shop to accomplish. I'd try local folks first. Use a block design without pins.

Top Bottom