• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    My Son and I had a bunch of fun lobbing in CCI Quiets at 100 yds last weekend. You really had to work on hold over. Found the lead slugs lying below our rack of dingers. The angled nose was almost 45 deg with a smudge of orange paint on the flattened nose. Very interesting. Looked like playdough.

So we thought we ran out...

Found CCI Quiets all over the web this week but everyone wanted $16+ to ship 1 brick via ground. What a bunch of whooey. Of course Brownells is out (we have Edge).

Looking through the ammo cabinet last night and found a brick in the back!!!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    CCI CB long out of my Rossi 62 20" pump are quieter than a air rifle......i use them for chipmunk control......it flips them like there hit with a cannon ball!!

my neighbor and i set on his deck and shoot them at a 12" steel plate @ 100 yards......you can fire and set the gun down then they hit.......lots of fun!!!

if you can find the quiets the CB longs are just the same....i have a couple bricks of them too....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have an 1885 Low-Wall that has been re-barreled to .22Lr.
    I've found that falling block, single-shot with CCI Quiets is about as fun as fun gets.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Out of my 24in Marlin 80 these are quieter than a mouse fart. I use them for varmint control around the house when the sun goes down and I don't want to scare one of the more liberal neighbors.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    The scope on my Marlin 22 has a duplex reticle. By guess and by golly, it was determined that where the thicker wire meets the thinner wire, well below the crosshair, is the proper aiming point for CCI Quiet 22 rounds, when shooting at 100 yards. Happy coincidence, but it sure is fun hearing the pfftt........ting, when they finally ring the steel.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    The scope on my Marlin 22 has a duplex reticle. By guess and by golly, it was determined that where the thicker wire meets the thinner wire, well below the crosshair, is the proper aiming point for CCI Quiet 22 rounds, when shooting at 100 yards. Happy coincidence, but it sure is fun hearing the pfftt........ting, when they finally ring the steel.

The he scope I used to have on my Savage MKII was the same way at 150 yards. There is a tree on the hill of the 100 yard range and I made up a target with two 3" squares and would hang it on that tree. I lasered it at 147 yards. With CCI standard velocity I could fire, open the bolt and be closing it on a new round when I heard the bullet strike. Other shooters would show up and ask what I was shooting at and when I pointed the targets out they couldn't believe me. I'd give them a 10 round mag and most would be hitting it by the end of the mag. The look on their faces was priceless!
    Oh, this is done suppressed too, so it was super quiet!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    The he scope I used to have on my Savage MKII was the same way at 150 yards. There is a tree on the hill of the 100 yard range and I made up a target with two 3" squares and would hang it on that tree. I lasered it at 147 yards. With CCI standard velocity I could fire, open the bolt and be closing it on a new round when I heard the bullet strike. Other shooters would show up and ask what I was shooting at and when I pointed the targets out they couldn't believe me. I'd give them a 10 round mag and most would be hitting it by the end of the mag. The look on their faces was priceless!
    Oh, this is done suppressed too, so it was super quiet!

My Son was using his Savage MkII FVSR with an old Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 w BDC Reticle.

You sure get a lot of grins when you go from 8" to 6" to 4" then 3" dingers at 100 yds.

It really challenges the target shooting man cards. 'Let me try that', 'I can do that'...

Its all fun. :cool:

Top Bottom