• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    So here is the long story (I am sure some of you remember this from before).

I ordered some 45 cast hollow points for deer hunting for a gun with an oversized bore and throat at .454". I have since sold that gun and moved on to something more accurate.

The problem I had with these was they were leading the barrel's bad on both guns and I think they are a pretty soft lead. So here is my thought, I like the projectile and would still like to play with them. What I am looking for is someone with a bullet sizer that I could send 50-100 of them through to get them to .451" or 452".

Then I am planning on cleaning all the lube off of them after because I have a family member that has a small electroplating machine that I was thinking I would copper plate them and see if that helps.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You can pick up a Lee push through sizer die pretty cheap, they just screw right into a reloading press.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    You can pick up a Lee push through sizer die pretty cheap, they just screw right into a reloading press.

Saw those but couldn't justify buying one for the 50-100 rounds I have left....I could buy 100 jacketed ones for close to the same price as the sizer and can't make the numbers work for just these few left overs.

Was just taking a shot in the dark for an experiment.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hi bobjones,
    Got me curious. What kind of load was giving you leading?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    i have a .452 sizer setup your more than welcome to use im located in lawrence just shoot me a pm.

Thanks for help. I am working on getting the wax cleaned off and look forward to plating them.

Once again and as always I continue to be impressed with the kindness and comradery of the members I have met on INGO. I have met some really great ones over the years and "perminator" is no exception to the rule....thanks again for the help. I will keep this post open and update it as to how the plating is going.

Thanks to all.

Top Bottom