• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Recently ordered a few things from them, which I do a few times a year. This time I also included 5 packs of the CCI christmas 22LR packs. 3 of my packs arrived in very poor condition, one that was smashed beyond use. I contacted their customer support and Larry there immediately shipped out 3 new packs of same.

Very much appreciated! These are stocking stuffers for nieces and nephews.

Thanks MidwayUSA for making this easy! I'll be back!

:yesway::)::rockwoot:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Midway's customer service has always been top notch, one of the best in the business. They only small negative I can think of is few years back when their shipping rates went sky high, (a lot more than their competitors) but they learned rather quickly that their customers didn't appreciate that and lowered them to about the same as everyone else. Can't really blame them for trying since profit margins are slim and they did listen to the complaints and fixed it quickly.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I agree, MidwayUSA was one of my favorite places to go when in need of something.

Things have changed a lot since I first went there 20 or more years ago. While Customer Service has been top notch, it has changed some. Most of the returns and exchanges you want to do not are done on the web, only. I used to be able to get it all done, even with free return shipping, with a single call. Now, I call and the offer to walk me through the return deal on the website. So far, three times, I have had a return due to missing parts and one exchange because I ordered the wrong thing. After futzing with their buggie web form, I wound up calling back and telling them it wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do plus, even when there were missing parts I would be charged for the return. I gave up and ordered the missing stuff from Brownell's.

Also, MidwayUSA's prices on everything has gotten much higher than other places,like Brownell's or Graff's. MUCH higher. Most folks also have seen their shipping cost grow, I tend to order a lot of stuff so it isn't as bad that way. So for me, unless I simply cannot find what I am looking for anywhere else, MidwayUSA has lost my business.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I always price shop, that is for sure, but with all other things being equal, Midway gets a lot of my money, especially when they have their sales.

Just to make a point here, Customer Service comes at a cost, it is not free. I agree that Brownells has *great* customer service as well (as does Natchez), but it is one of those things where we can't always have it all (low prices AND great customer service). Great customer service is expensive to maintain; people cost money!

Sometimes it is worth it, sometimes it is not.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I think their shipping is pretty expensive, and on my last order my "back order" shipped the next day and cost me extra shipping.

However, like everyone else, when something once went wrong, they immediately made it right. I ordered five boxes of bullets, but only three shipped. The invoice and packaging said five, so it was completely my word against theirs. My bullets shipped that day! I love that kind of service.

Top Bottom