First time online ammo buyer question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I recently bought 1k rds of .223 and 500 rds of 9mm from Freedom Munitions and my tracking # shows delivered yesterday, but also reads delayed. So my question, is someone required by UPS to be present upon delivery? If so it was not stated as such. If not, then does anyone know box(es) dimensions of that amount of ammo? I would like to leave a note and my garage door up just enough to slide the boxes under and out of the way. I'm not in town and while there aren't a lot of prying eyes... well that's just it. Anyone who sees the boxes would likely not be seen taking them.

Full disclosure, I also emailed FM earlier asking the same questions. Redundancy and all...
    I thought maybe I might get a quicker reply from here. Impatience and all...

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Most require adult signature, but if I am not mistaken, I have had ammo left on my porch before (I know the UPS man pretty well, and he delivers a lot of heavy ammo boxes). I may be crazy on that, so don't quote me. As Thegeek says, you may need to hold for pickup if you are no around during normal delivery hours.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hold for pick-up is best. You can also pay a nominal annual fee and get packages sent to a local UPS store for pick-up, I am thinking. A local store may be closer than pick-up at a main office somewhere.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I have a UPS store in town, and the city is my office so that is no problem for pick up. Seems I need to make a phone call first thing Monday morning. Thanks for the experienced advice. I can almost always count on that here.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, if this is your first time doing this it will likely need a signature.
    I have done business with the suppliers I use so long now I can just tell them not to ask for a sig and they will let it go.

As stated, either have it redirected to your office, if this is allowed by the company, or have it held for pick up.

It will be held at a Hub and they won't deliver it to a UPS Store if it is marked ORM-D. At least this is what has been my experience, YMMV

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've had many shipments from Freedom and never had to sign for them. UPS man just leaves them on the porch and rings the bell. Sometimes the door is closed so he wouldn't know whether anyone is home. However, the UPS tracking site does say signature required so maybe my deliveryman is just breaking the rules.
    Don't hold your breath on getting a reply from Freedom. I had a problem once and it took 7 weeks to resolve.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If it says Sig Required and your UPS driver leaves it anyway, like mine does, it is because he knows you and doesn't think it will matter. It will only matter in when something happens, damage or this sort of thing. Then he/she may get into a bit of trouble should they look for the signature releasing it.

In any case, I have never bought from Freedom so I really don't know their policies. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just ship to my office and pray nobody opens the box and freaks.

I did alert the rest of my dept that an upper was on the way however.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    My "office" is either my work truck or a trench, so no office delivery for me. KMaC that is disheartening about your experience with FM. It's a shame that stuff like that happens, I try to reassure myself that I'm not perfect so nobody else can be. Frustrating never the less. I've experienced less then stellar customer service before, hopefully I have a pleasant and long relationship with FM. As stated before, I didn't read anything claiming that the delivery needs signed upon arrival, hopefully I didn't miss that. I'll just stick with a phone call Monday and hopefully pick up as well. Thanks again everyone.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've ordered from Freedom a couple of times and a signature was not required. While one or two places I've ordered ammo from required a signature, most have not.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The places I've ordered ammo from (Cabelas, SGammo.com, Bulkammo.com, Cope's Distributing) either make no mention of requiring a signature or give the buyer the option (usually at extra cost) to have a signature required for delivery. I'm usually home during the day, so I've not had a problem with either UPS or FedEx Ground deliveries of ammo. I've never ordered from FM.

Top Bottom