• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have been reading and there has been a big debate on Lil Gun. Freedom Arms warned people against this powder in their guns due to excessive heat and erosion to the forcing cone and top strap. Some said that this was more of an issue when using a light bullet. It seems there is split on people using it with luck and others who were scared by this warning. I use it with great results in a 44 rifle. I loaded up some for my Smith 629 with a 240 XTP on the low end and was really impressed with the low recoil. I am going to work up some loads that will give me more velocity and energy for woods carry/hunting. This load will not be shot much, occasional practice. For plinking loads, I am going to try TiteGroup with Berry's 240 gr FP.
    Does anyone here have experience with either powder in 44 Mag? Should I worry about Lil Gun in my revolver or will I be fine, given I am not going to shoot these loads very often?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have ran a fair amount of Lil'gun threw my 44mag Henry. I like it as well as I like H110. But sadly I haven't ran it threw the Super Red Hawk yet. I am interested in what the word is before I try it too.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I read a fair amount of concerns about it when I was developing a load for my Marlin .357 last year. Enough concern that I use it for my hunting load but won't use it for regular plinking, will be using H110 for that

Top Bottom