• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I received a call today on a back order I placed almost a year ago on six 8 lb jugs of Bullseye powder.

The CS Rep asked if I still wanted them....... I thought for a nano second and belted out YES!

The timing wasn't good since I just ordered a new motor for my 1966 C-10 restoration project but I made it work.

Winter time reloading projects are going to be underway soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I received a call today on a back order I placed almost a year ago on six 8 lb jugs of Bullseye powder.

The CS Rep asked if I still wanted them....... I thought for a nano second and belted out YES!

The timing wasn't good since I just ordered a new motor for my 1966 C-10 restoration project but I made it work.

Winter time reloading projects are going to be underway soon.

A new crate engine......bulk amounts of powder......boolitz.......life is good

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A new crate engine......bulk amounts of powder......boolitz.......life is good

Yea I know what you mean. I did get the 383 stroker roller motor.

I is is supposed to show up tomorrow at the shop. The dyno is supposed to be a minimum of 430 HP and 450 ft lb of torque with a performer rpm intake. I ordered a new Air gap intake. The tech said it should do a little better with that intake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea I know what you mean. I did get the 383 stroker roller motor.

I is is supposed to show up tomorrow at the shop. The dyno is supposed to be a minimum of 430 HP and 450 ft lb of torque with a performer rpm intake. I ordered a new Air gap intake. The tech said it should do a little better with that intake.

Set the carb up for the new intake. The air gap is a really nice piece. I have the comp. version on my stroker.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Getting a new 750 Holley ultra with the black accents

I ran the numbers on the 327 and the 350

The small journal 327 is a 65 model engine
    The 350 is 1973 Z28 motor

Im going to sell them both.
    Also have a 400 sb 40 over that has fresh bore, cam bushing, and freeze plugs I'm going to sell.
    Two sets of double hump heads and performer rpm intake.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That would be a lot of powder if it were IMR 4831, which often needs at least 50 grain charges, but for Bullseye, which normally requires tiny charges, that's a crapload!

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    No one needs that much powder.....unless they are planning on reloading a lot of rounds. +1 to whoever you placed the order through, that's impressive to follow up on an order that you had placed a year ago.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Holy crap that's a lot of Bullseye! AmmoManAaron likes you style :yesway:

Heck, the only powder I buy in those kinds of quantities is various surplus stuff for loading .50 BMG and even then a friend (or two) usually ends up talking me out of two or three jugs.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    48 lbs of Bullseye - 336,000 grains of powder.

Was that a group buy, or are we invading California?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Address for a second I thought this post was going to go completely off track after the second post and would be all about motors!

I would call this one an INGO win for getting back on track!...LOL

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That would be a lot of powder if it were IMR 4831, which often needs at least 50 grain charges, but for Bullseye, which normally requires tiny charges, that's a crapload!

At 74gn's a bullet with 300wm it goes way to fast. I bought 4 pounds a about a month an a half ago. I am wishing I would have got a 8lb jug but they didn't have any.

Nice score Glueman. I would not have passed on it either!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    At 74gn's a bullet with 300wm it goes way to fast. I bought 4 pounds a about a month an a half ago. I am wishing I would have got a 8lb jug but they didn't have any.

Nice score Glueman. I would not have passed on it either!

Good ol' 4831 is my go-to powder for sure.
    It gives me the best accuracy, while giving the velocities I want, while keeping pressures relatively low.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Congrats on both.

That'll be a sweet engine for your truck. Heck of a burnout machine for sure! The Air gap and carb will make it even sweeter.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Many moons ago [2004], I got an 8lb. jug of CMR-100 pull down [4895 equiv]. Liked the groups it was giving in .308, so I sent an e-mail to the guy and asked if he had any more. Said he would check and get back with me. He had 7, 8lb. jugs left and I got it all. Still have 3 jugs left and a bunch of ammo still to shoot up. Then awhile later 2230C [AA2460 equiv] came on the market. Tried it and loved it in various .223 rifles and got all I could afford at the time. Wound up with 8, 8lb. jugs and still have over 3 left. Both powders wound up to be less than half of what it would cost today. And that was delivered to my house by UPS. Over the years, I got to know the UPS guy and every time he stops at the house he has to see what kind of a deal I got this time. Seems he likes to shoot and hunt also. Check your surplus powder places and check them regularly. And start saving up NOW, and go for it. All the above was done with a chronograph to match MV's with BDC glass.

Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Plus it cuts down on hazmat costs. :D

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I kept three jugs and sold three to a friend. I use Bulleye for a lot of my various pistol loads.

After I sold the three, my final cost was less than $110 per jug including Hazmat fees. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Twenty four pounds isn't a lot of powder when loading up in the winter for the summer increase in shooting. It's only about 12,000 rounds of loaded ammo per jug.

I usually buy primers 25,000 at a time too. Be patient, find the deals and load up.

Top Bottom