• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    What does the manufacturer say when you do what the screen tells you to? ;)
    The first iteration was "Here is a UPS shipping slip" and on the note back they told me they replaced the main board. Obviously something else is still broken. The odd thing was it failed after the first string today and I tried pulling the batteries and turning it back on and I got the same error....then when I got home and repeated it worked fine. Maybe they are temperature sensitive? It sits in the heated/cooled basement at 72 degree in an over-sized pelican case all the time. The funny part is I have an old-school chronograph I put a .45 into at some-point that still works and I ended up using that to get the readings I needed. So the 100 shot-up chronograph vs the pampered 500 wonder toy that doesn't work....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The first iteration was "Here is a UPS shipping slip" and on the note back they told me they replaced the main board. Obviously something else is still broken. The odd thing was it failed after the first string today and I tried pulling the batteries and turning it back on and I got the same error....then when I got home and repeated it worked fine. Maybe they are temperature sensitive? It sits in the heated/cooled basement at 72 degree in an over-sized pelican case all the time. The funny part is I have an old-school chronograph I put a .45 into at some-point that still works and I ended up using that to get the readings I needed. So the 100 shot-up chronograph vs the pampered 500 wonder toy that doesn't work....

Temp issue seems reasonable. Put it on your back porch for a couple hours and see if you can reproduce it? (Assuming it fails before the first shot is fired)

Edit: Ive had current delivery issues with some brands of battery. Cold weather would only exacerbate this issue. In my mind, its possible the board could be underpowered, resulting in weird behaviors. I would expect a low battery warning would fire before this error, but you never know.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom