• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armstrongchris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I started hand loading this year for my pistols. I have found that I really enjoy it, enough that I bought a die set for my 30/06. I have had this rifle for something like 15 years from when I lived in PA. It's been collecting dust and I would really like to get it out and back into action. My question is where can I take it to get reacquainted? I live in Marion Co. It seems that anywhere I can find nearby is either full and not accepting new members or requires a sponsor to join. NRA membership, competitor classification card and CCW requirements are not a problem. I'm open to public facilities, but I don't see a 100 ft indoor range to be useful in setting up and developing loads.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

stern1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Anderson
    Bass and Bucks in Wabash has a range out to 700 yards. Bass and Bucks Here is the link to there website. Been there a couple of times. Price is 10.00 for one hour or 15.00 for all day. I do the all day and shoot pistols for while and the get the long guns out. Usually spend 3-4 hours when I go up there.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Crawfordsville Gun Club goes to 100 and $40/ year to join
    Hooiser Hills in Nashville (not sure the cost)

I know there are others, but I forget their names.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Farmland Conservation Club has a 100, 200, and 300 yard rifle range, but might be a little bit of a drive for you from Indy. I didn't need a sponsor to join, just contacted the club president and took the wife and kids to meet him there so we could talk and he could get to know us a little. That has been several years ago, and the officers have changed, so not sure what the process is now. It was $300 to join, plus $60 per year in dues (so $360 the first year), but it is a very nice facility with fishing, skeet/trap ranges, rifle and pistol range, archery trails, and dog running trails/fields. Everyone I have met there has been very cool.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Hooiser Hills in Nashville (not sure the cost)...

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol (HHRP) is still $75/year. 25-200yd on one range and an ~18 yd pistol range. The club also has a 50' indoor range in Columbus.

Atterbury Shooting Complex has up to 100yd ranges and is a public range.

Last edited:

armstrongchris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys. I've got a decent list going. I really do appreciate the help. I'm sure I can find a home at one of these places to settle in and get comfortable again with my rifle. Tune up a respectable load and practice the fundamentals.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Winamac FWA has a free 200 yard range. It's quite the drive from Indy, but Tippecanoe State Park is right there and good for camping, so you can just make a weekend of it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Old Trails just south of Richmond has pistol, 100, 200 & 300 outside ranges & and indoor pistol. $125 a year for the indoor & outdoor, $75 if you don't want the indoor. Jump on 70 until you get to Richmond then take 27 south. It's a drive but nice facility for the price. If you ever are in the area and want to check it out let me know. I can take guests anytime.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Bass and Bucks in Wabash has a range out to 700 yards. Bass and Bucks Here is the link to there website. Been there a couple of times. Price is 10.00 for one hour or 15.00 for all day. I do the all day and shoot pistols for while and the get the long guns out. Usually spend 3-4 hours when I go up there.

And in that same area in Roanoke is Hillside Shooting Sports with a 1000yd range(200yd for guests).

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Fall Creek Valley conservation club in Anderson has many hundred yard lanes and one 200 yard lane with video spotting and automatic target changer and is only a 40 minute drive from north side of Indy 65 bucks a year

armstrongchris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I made the drive from Indy with my 12 year old up to Wabash at BassandBucks on Saturday. The staff was pretty cool. The price was right. I'll likely head back for longer range shooting, as the options past 100yds are few.
    There were a couple of things that concerned me.
    First was the guy burning ammo as fast as he could load it and pull the trigger. I understand that a full time RO is a two-edged sword and may not be desirable to everyone when you are paying by the hour. Just tally one into the "look for a range membership" column to avoid the scary fundamentals crowd.
    Second was the clutter. There was range brass and trash everywhere, around the benches and also at the berm. A concrete pad and a broom would go a long way for this business.
    While I appreciate the range being available to me, further visits will be a compromise in order to have the increased yardage to practice.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am a big fan of Bass N' Bucks myself, was jsut there this morning to run the 9mm Major loads through the Czechmate, as a side note Bass N' Bucks just got their Sig Sauer Elite level dealership so they have damn near every Sig currently made, really really cool set up and fantastic selection if you like Sig. I will admit though a concrete pad would be nice to clean up all the loose brass.

Top Bottom