• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    YIKES!
    I opened this thread half expecting a story about a Goldenrod heater, or a knock-off.
    Glad I don't need a home dehumidifier.

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, I've passed this along to others I know as well. I checked both of mine and it says I'm good!

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I had a dehumidifier recalled back in the 2013 Gree recall. Bought another as a replacement and now it's in this 2016 recall... At first I ignored this thinking it was the old recall. Thanks for the heads up.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Be sure to check the searchable database link. I checked mine after the original recall and it wasn't listed. I checked again yesterday and it's now on the list. Also, my nameplate lists the manufacturer as Electrolux, which is not listed in the recall, but says
    Frigidaire on the front of the unit, which is listed in the recall.

If the dehumidifier is under the recall, there is a registration form to fill out for refund or replacement. Mine was manufactured in 2005 so I'm supposedly due a refund of $94.99. I registered for it but won't hold my breath.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Thanks for the heads up. Second damn time in 3 years I've done this and admit it's getting old. Seems like it involves every brand name there is making it heard to determine what's crap or not anymore. :rolleyes:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I just checked mine. It's one on the list. I also qualified for the $100 check or a free replacement. I think I'll just go with the replacement due to most good dehumidifiers running around 300 bucks. Mine is loud as hell now so I'm kinda glad I saw this lol. Time to replace that bad boy.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks for the heads up. Second damn time in 3 years I've done this and admit it's getting old. Seems like it involves every brand name there is making it heard to determine what's crap or not anymore. :rolleyes:

That was my thought as well.

3 companies doing the recall, but in total like 50 different brands. Same stuff, same model, different name per different store. Makes you wonder.

I have a PAD 20, which isn't under recall at the moment. But the PA20 is. Even if it's not under recall it makes you paranoid as hell.

Top Bottom