• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am looking at getting a new pistol in early 2017, a Sig P226 Legion SAO (9mm), and was wondering if I should consider working up a new load starting low and working up. I am currently loading 9mm with 4.1 gr. of Titegroup, which seems to shoot very well in my H&K VP9 and Sig P938. Since this is at the top of the recommended load for the bullet I am using (Berry's plated 124 gr. RN), should I be safe and start with another load workup for a new gun?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'd try what you have been loading and see what she shoots like. Lots of people just shoot out of the box ammo. You are already a step above that in quality. I think you can find a load they both like.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Been kinda developing an idea, that with pistols, for most people. That favorite load is made for you not the gun.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    A pistol load that is safe in two, is almost certainly safe in a third, given that it's of modern construction. It may not be as accurate, but that is rarely a problem with pistol ammo.

If your "new gun" was a 308 bolt-action and you had an existing load for your AR-10, then you would absolutely want to do a new load workup.

Top Bottom