• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    I am considering buying this powder drop. Has anyone used this. I know everybody has their favorites, but the price is right. I just want to know the consensus , good or bad.:yesway::noway:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am considering buying this powder drop. Has anyone used this. I know everybody has their favorites, but the price is right. I just want to know the consensus , good or bad.:yesway::noway:

I've been using it for the last month or so, and I am pretty impressed by its accuracy. It is the only powder drop I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I do check my loads about every 5 drops to verify, and most are dead on, and the very few variations that I have found are within 0.1 gr.

I think accuracy is powder-dependent to a degree, so I should mention that I have only used it with Titegroup and HP-38, both of which measure fairly well from what I understand.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Like all powder measures, it will get better the more graphite coats the internals. I have a 200 dollar powder measure that doesn't do much better than the 20 dollar Lee.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I highly recommend the drum over the slide drop by Lee. The slide drops tend to spit powder out every where and i haven't had this issue with the drum. Have used true blue,win231,tight group,unique through the drum and all have been pretty much right on as to volume and i haven't gotten the mess with it either. I will be selling my disc drops off.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have two of these and use them for 45 ACP and 9mm. It is a pretty consistent powder measure and hard to beat for the price (~$45).

I have had one of mine for about a year now and have had no issues. I got a 2nd one for Christmas and the internal "gear" broke within 10 rounds. Called Lee and they said that a batch of "gears" went out defective and they sent me a new part, plus a few other replacement parts (all free of charge). I installed the new parts and have had 0 issues since.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Thank you everyone for your input. Doctor Thunder your revue made the sale. I have read where a small application of graphite powder, or a wipe with a dryer sheet would help the operation of the internals. What is the opinion of all.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    It works a lot better than the micrometer adjustable bar for the auto-disk! at least for the small loads (.380) I got the adjustable bar for. I have no complaints about the auto-drum.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm a 'H' Red user and have two of their powder drops. Purchased the Lee Auto Drum early last year after viewing the reviews on YT. For the $ you cannot beat it. I believe its more accurate than my red model. All this depends on the powder, charge, etc.

This guy was one of the first on YT... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWbfGFb3dw

+1 Definitely :yesway:

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom